3 easiest DIY modifications

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What do you think should feature in the list of easiest DIY modifications.

Bear in mind that easy means that someone with limited experience and a screwdriver can do it themselves.

Make sure the tyres are inflated to the correct pressure.

Clean air filter.

Turn air-con off.

That will improve any car in terms of mpg and slight performance.

As for modifications.................are we talking the type if you crashed into Halfrauds?

Induction kits are fairly easy to fit but a panel filter is a cinch. Alloy wheel changes are easy as well so long as the tyres have been fitted to them.

I'd say uprated discs and pads are pretty easy as long as they are the same size. Bit more complex when you get into bigger discs, and you have to start changing calipers.

I'd say uprated discs and pads are pretty easy as long as they are the same size. Bit more complex when you get into bigger discs, and you have to start changing calipers.

Not with a screwdriver and limited experience, not something I would recommend to a novice is changing brakes.

Ok. Just a screwdriver does limit the options somewhat. You could clean those really pokey bits in your ashtray I guess?

I'd say new interior LED bulbs but they can be a ballache too.

oil change is pretty easy.

as stamford says brakes are easy once you know hwat your doing but not for someone whos never even really looked at them before