206 Back Box & Alloys Query...

Pixel

Road Burner
Car
Ford Fiesta Zetec-S
Hey guys,

Sorry I havnt been around in a while, been up to my neck in uni work and normal work. I like the fact that the forum has grown a lot since my last visit, lots of fun new threads for me to catch up on :)

I still have my 206 but its got new mirrors, lights & tints. Im looking to get wheels and a back box soon which is the main reason for this thread.

Ive been told that most cars support +2 inches from the standard wheel size, my wheels are 15" so am I right to assume that I can put 17's on with no hassle? If they dont fit, what will I have to do? Modify the arch? or buy smaller tyres?

And secondly, Im looking to get a new back box, not fussed on the shape, maybe oval or circle? and not too big, dont want it to look chavy! But I want it to sound nice, I have a diesel and standard it sounds like **** tbh. Id like to buy one for less than £100 but I could stretch to £150 if need be. And does anyone know how much it would likely cost to get fitted, based on what needs to be done (which I assume is welding?).

Thanks guys

Pixel

Welcome back Pixel.

With the alloys questions you can do both - lower profile tyres. Arches can be pulled or rolled to give you the extra space needed for clearance.

Your local exhaust fitters should be able to fit any back box to your system - just ask them for a price. They might even be able to source a sporty sounding back box.

I liked the Peco on my 205. Didn't make any performance difference, but sounded beautiful. It made her purr when she was idling and loud when the loud peddle was down.

I now have money to buy a pipe and someone to fit it!

But what pipe to get? Help anyone!?

I want it to be big but not HUGE!
Sound pretty loud but not DEAFENING!

Ive been told that the cut out in my back bumper should support pipes roughly 3.5" in diamater.

Thanks,

Pixel.

Magnex rear silencers are supposed to be really good but I don't know how much one will set you back.

There's a nice Peco one in the torquecars shop that's a direct fit for your car, will set you back £143.99.

i need a back box for my 206 1.4 it looks good apart from bog standard exhaust any ideas would like it to sound better to any ideas???

A diesel car will sound like a tranny van no offence get rid of the back box and just have a pipe instead of backbox with a tail piece welded on it will sound alot better you can also get a wider pipe from cat to rear.

I was answering the first person.Yours will sound alright as its petrol a proper induction kit will give it a nice sound and then add a nice exhaust.

Last edited:
I was answering the first person.Yours will sound alright as its petrol a proper induction kit will give it a nice sound and then add a nice exhaust.

There's no point adding an induction kit on a 1.4 mate. It'll just affect low down torque (in a bad way).