2000 Civic Cx D16 standard model

jostkl

Car
2000 honda civic cx
Hi my name is Josh. I am new to the world of modding, and I am only 19 with somewhat limited funds I am running a 2000 Civic CX and I am pretty sure it is a D16 engine because the car is running all standard parts and I think that is what the engine it comes with. Now to business, I really like the car however I am looking to boost the power. I have heard over forums that even if I put in an air filter or cold air intake I wont get the kind of hp that the b- type engine gets. I am looking for a stablish way to get about 50hp hopefully, not looking to spend over 1k right now, maybe later I will think about an engine swap especially if I get a job with more income.

:( aww that sucks any suggestions on routes I can take for more hp? Ps. apparently according to superhonda engine guide this is what i have under the hood.
D15Y7 Honda Civic DX/LX/CX 1996-2000

I do want to look for either cheap ways to boost hp or increase my gas mileage but more hp preferably for going up lots of hills in my area.​

save your money and swap out the engine when you have a chance. or sell it and buy a more powerful car.

hondas will struggle on the hills due to the fact they have no torque. this was part of the reason i got rid of mine

save your money and swap out the engine when you have a chance. or sell it and buy a more powerful car.

hondas will struggle on the hills due to the fact they have no torque. this was part of the reason i got rid of mine
you had the wrong honda lol

for a grand youd get a dohc vtec engine
if you dont have a dohc mate, dont waste your money, take pgarners advise

il agree, the small vtec vtecs like vti civics are bad, but the type r integra are good, and my prelude is the best lol, probably because even without vtec, its still a 2.2

turbos aregood for hills

If you want to make it quicker without spending too much money then strip it. It's free and it'll improve acceleration. Otherwise don't spend anything on a D15. Pointless.

Save for the swap. On PGs point about torque, I have quickly learnt that my BMW has much more than my Honda. Never thought I'd admit that.

If you want to make it quicker without spending too much money then strip it. It's free and it'll improve acceleration. Otherwise don't spend anything on a D15. Pointless.

Save for the swap. On PGs point about torque, I have quickly learnt that my BMW has much more than my Honda. Never thought I'd admit that.

You had a blast at a Burnout yet?

so is the washable K & N air filter, the one that just replaces the FRAM one, worth it, or should i save and get the AEM short air intake? which is better for the price? Seeing as I cannot try to go for Horse Power, figured I would try for gas mileage routes to increase it.

so is the washable K & N air filter, the one that just replaces the FRAM one, worth it, or should i save and get the AEM short air intake? which is better for the price? Seeing as I cannot try to go for Horse Power, figured I would try for gas mileage routes to increase it.

Keep the standard air box on a D16 as they're actually pretty good. Instead of concentrating on bhp, why not focus on how the car handles instead? You'll enjoy the car much more if it handles well as appose to gaining a few bhp.

good tyres - its surprising how many do up the car and still put budget tyres on. its the only part of the car thats in contact with the black stuff
lowered suspension - no need to go mad as this will through out the geometry and tyre contact patch making it worse
better brakes