1999 audi a3 1.8t modifications

paulbakerx

its done 110 thousand km's but still in perfect condition wondering if there are any performance upgrades available (i dont plan on ever giving this car up) its the first audi i bought as they say you never forget your first

i live in australia if this makes a difference

Last edited:
Hey and welcome to torquecars mate

as long as the cars been serviced well and been looked after then go for a remap. these can cost between £300-500 depending on where you go for it. from the 150 standard you should be looking at around 190-200 bhp wouldnt go any further with the milage on the car otherwise you may start to have reliabilitly issues (some 1.8t blocks are running nearly 300bhp without any problems tho )
along with this smooth out your airbox, inside will be covered in ribs and uprate the diverter valve as the stock ones are prone to bursting.

also a good idea to get someone with vagcom or something similer to check out the car for fault codes and check ALL vac hoses

Hi Paul and welcome - nice to have you along. (Sorry i'm a bit late - i've been away!)

A remap will certainly be your best bet. I would agree with Pgarner and stick with 190-200bhp. Make sure you use a good oil. Adding an induction kit and exhaust will make the car more fun to drive = NOISE!