12 pin obd1(abs light on help)

mikegto1

Car
gto twin turbo
hi guys and girls
can any one tell me if these hand held dataloggers ,that you can get on ebay, are any good for finding out the problem with my abs
i have tested the abs sensors and am getting the same reading on an ohms tester for all 4
my abs light was only coming on when i hit 5 mph but since i tested the sensors its on all the time
oh by the way shes a 1993 mk 1 twin turbo
any advice would be great
thanks mike:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:yes me sad my babys scared of going fast in case she cant stop NO ABS OOOOOOOOOOOHH!
THANKS MIKE

Yes you can but it's easier to just use an analogue multimeter and connect the + to the ABS connector [pin4] on the diagnostic port and the - to ground [pin12].

diagconn2.jpg

1991-1993 Self-Diagnosis Check Connector Pin Function 1 ECM - MPI functions 2 unused 3 ECS control unit 4 ABS control unit 5 Auto-Cruise control unit 6 ELC-4 A/T control unit or unused 7 Air Conditioner control unit 8 SRS diagnosis unit 9 ETACS unit 10 Query - ECS, ABS, ECM, A/T, AC 11 Speed sensor 12 Ground

We use a Mitsubishi MUT, which gives us total readout on these faults.

thanks pal
some idiot mechanic told me we could not use a multimeter on our cars
if i find the fault and correct it any idea how i can reset the abs light without going to mitsi
thanks again pal
mike:D:D

Multi Use Tester, simple as that. The multimeter has to be an analogue type, a digital one won't keep up with the pulses.

i have connected a multimeter as said above + to pin 4 and - to pin 12 all i am getting is a constant 12 v no movement in the needle at all please help as im about to to go the garage for a gallon of petrol and a box of matches:sad2::sad2:

Hi ,, Its probably the relay on the abs pump itself , its in a bad position on the drivers side up under the front wheel arch where they seem to catch water spray .