100nx is my new purchase. now what can i do to mod it?

mukalingling

Wrench Pro
Car
mk3 golf 1.4 match
just purchased a 1995 1.6 nissan 100nx. like the look of it and the detachable glass roof too ;)

but me being me i want to tune the engine for performance but what is possible with the exsisting engine? or am i looking at a engine swap?
if so what fits?? sunny engines?? 200 engines?? would love a ca18det in there ;)

also anyone know any good sites for turbo kits?? looking at turboing whatever engine i end up with?? :D

I know an engine swap with a 200 turbo is possible but I couldn't tell you how much work it is.

The 1.8 Turbo does seem like a good proposition though. Turboing a nasp engine is very hard work so if you can drop in a turbo engine you are on to a winner.

Bear in mind you'll need the ECU and gearbox as well.

The best mods for a car engine are as follows.
Internal work yields the biggest gains, head work like porting polishing and 3 angle valve jobs will maximise the airflow and raise the power.

If you want to go to the max then cryo treat the block, get it rebored and look into blueprinting and balancing as well.

Bigger valves are an obvious addon but not all engines are suitable as it depends how close together the OEM valves are.

A fast road cam will yield good power gains, especially in the top end of the rev range. Don't go mad though a profile of up to 270 degrees will give the best gains without the engine becoming cammy.

The most popular power mods are induction kits (which are questionable as power mods but they can sound nice if that is your sort of thing) and sports exhausts with sports catalysts or decats.

To keep the car legal I'd recommend a sports catalyst rather than a decat.
The last mod should always be a remap as this will allow you to fully realise the power gains on offer from your mods. Turbo cars respond very well to remaps.

It's worth having a read of the articles on www.torquecars.com/tuning/ for more information on these mods and what the terms mean.

I heard a 2 litre primera engine will drop in is this the case? i am looking to buy an nx in a year or so and will be looking to up the engine size/power asap!

Greetings greg619 and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)