1.7 VTEC Coupe

terminus

Car
Rover 45
I'm hopefully going looking at one of these near me tomorrow and would just like to get an idea for what mods I can do to it, specifically raising the 125bph. Other cars I have looked at have generally been diesels which tend to have 120-150 bhp that is 160-200 bhp when chipped but I do like the look of this coupe.

So, how tunable is the 1.7 VTEC for not too much money?

Thanks

It's not a very good engine tbh. It might be a vtec, but only sohc. Only worth while if you boost it. I would personally look at an EM1 Coupe instead.

The mods you can do it are generally the same as any other car. Engine swap would be high on my list though.

It's not a very good engine tbh. It might be a vtec, but only sohc. Only worth while if you boost it. I would personally look at an EM1 Coupe instead.

The mods you can do it are generally the same as any other car. Engine swap would be high on my list though.

Do you mean not good for modding or not good compared to other VTECs or not good in general?

Do you mean not good for modding or not good compared to other VTECs or not good in general?

It's not very good to tune. Not many of the D series engines are tbh. It's only a sohc vtec so it's not the full whack. Honda engines are brilliant, it'll start first time and keep going despite any abuse you give it but the 1.7 isn't any where near as good as it sounds.