1.2 performance

marsay001

hi just wundering , i may not be getting cavi as insurance is 400 pound a month the cheapest, so if i go for a corsa b, 1.2 what sort of top speed, /performance would i get if was to tune it like imtalkin eveything from turbo's, port polishing, induction, back seats ripped out etc?
thanks

Sorry for being blunt...but it's a 1.2!!! The Corsa B is the most chavvy car ever...at least buy a Corsa C. If you can't afford to insure a higher power car, then how will afford to insure a 'suped up' Corsa? Sorry for this sounding the way it does, but I'm honest.

The best thing you can do is buy a cheap run around, don't mod it and save the money for the car you want.

Modified cars often attract higher insurance premiums than quicker standard cars.

There's not a lot you can do with a 1.2 litre petrol engine. Forget fitting turbochargers - turbo engines are massively different to nat asp engines.

The most you're likely to see from a 1.2 Corsa is flat out about 110mph and 0-60 in about ten seconds. But it will cost a fortune. As will the insurance.

I'll stand by my guns here - save your money, get something diesel powered and have it remapped.

tbh you've got a 1.2 so your more than likley have just passed your test, if you start 'suping' it up 1) you will never afford to insure it so its a waste of money 2) its a 1.2 so really as prince says you wont be getting any kinda power out of it, really just wait till you can afford to insure a modded car and control it, if you start driving with a fast car you will most prolly right it off in a crash, an you wont be able to insure it fully comp so then your a fast car out of pocket.

I wrote an article you might find interesting about your first car.
http://www.torquecars.com/articles/best-first-car.php

The basic premise is to save money and build up some no claims then you can go out and get a fantastic car whilst all your mates are still paying off the finance and insurance of their first cars.

You want something quick and as the engine size is a major consideration you have to think light. A Yaris 1.3 or 1.5 along with the Saxos and Classic minis are all fun cars and quite nippy. The Charade GTTi is very quick but really rare - I think insurance is still a bit high on that one.

i heavily tuned a 1.3 ford engine to a quite impressive spec, but it drinks juice realy heavily, and it dont drink the cheap stuff either. so from experience its not realy worth it, get youreself a 2.0 letre somthing and leave it on the driveway for a couple of years, doing a bit at a time so it dosnt brake youre wallet, while youre driving your 1.2 youll get more experience driving and your insurence shud go down, have a look @ my tech spec on my public profile

Re: tuning basics

i heavily tuned a 1.3 ford engine to a quite impressive spec, but it drinks juice realy heavily, and it dont drink the cheap stuff either. so from experience its not realy worth it, get youreself a 2.0 letre somthing and leave it on the driveway for a couple of years, doing a bit at a time so it dosnt brake youre wallet, while youre driving your 1.2 youll get more experience driving and your insurence shud go down, have a look @ my tech spec on my public profile

cool man supose your right, one of my close mates said i can have his cavi for 500, very good nik, he sed its worth 500 pound for a deposit on a new car for him, so im gettin that in a month, so yer will probs just stik it ont drive and work on it bit by bit, my mum and dad are splittin tho and when the house sells, she said she will help; with my car so i could insure the cavi

its an eco -tec 16 v , i no its not a red top but god it shifts !!!

what do you reccomend for some basic tuning, i want to do as much as i can my self i have some knowledge over engines ,but my uncles a mec so he could help

thanks for advice dudes! P.S corsa r a bit chavvy di**ed!!!

Re: tuning basics

get some 80 n 120 grit emery and some 500 for final work, take off your throttle body and polish it up, removing any casting marks and ridges, then soak it in liquid PTFE n oil, get an induction kit then get on to fse glenco and sort a power boost valve out, basicly uprating the whole fuel/air side of ye motor, then think about a 4 branch manifold and decent system, then lastly build the engine internals to suit your needs, at every stage youll notice a difference. am a fully quald engineer and have done it all before so i no itl work ha