Worst car you've bought

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Have you ever bought a car that turned out to be a real nightmare?

I once purchased an Astra, it was rotten underneath, the front brake discs were both warped, the front subframe rusted through and very nearly snapped on me and the exhaust fell off.

A "friend" sourced the car and acted as middle man for me. It was the last time I ever bought a car on Trust without checking it over.

My Rover also turned into a money pit, I think it was mainly because I'd put the wrong mods on it and the fact that the previous owner seemed to think that a service was just topping up the oil once a year!

Once had a Rover were if you said anything bad about it, it refused to start until you apologised :blink:

SAAB 95, Nothing at all wrong with it but just cheap and plain horrible. Also an Audi A4 I expected so much more and a huge disappointment .

Renault Laguna II Sport Touring 1.9 dCi Privilege. Bought it 2nd user from a Ford dealer in early 2005. Car just under four years old Price £8000. Test drive it seemed OK. Ownership different. Constant problems with engine power delivery (or lack thereof). Gearbox reluctant between 4th, 5th and 6th. Noisy rear suspension. Problems with electrics - windows etc.

Returned it after one month and demanded a full refund of purchase price.

Got a full refund plus £1100 quid goodwill gesture.

In fairness the dealer was genuine - they never intended to sell a bad car

^^ I admire your bravery for even mentioning that TN ;)
Was it a company car where you just had no other choice in the matter?

Needed it while my Mondeo was dead. It spat a tensioner whilst in the fast lane of the M1. Managed to cross 3 lanes of heavy traffic although I have no idea how.

I haven't owned or bought a bad car IMO... I've bought good cars and made them bad xD

Seriously... my 306 was mint when I had it now it's been put back together quite a few times.... it was a first car so it got a little beat up due to me driving like a plank and snow and icey conditions

my 205...well there's nothing to tell just drive it to work...

drove some bad cars......
My mates Golf 4...not sure if the steering wheel was connected to anything.

Suzuki SJ413!

It was the first car I bought my self when I was young & naive. I'd taken out a loan to buy it & my god I got ripped of good & proper, the engine was shot & within a month the air filter had turned to mush because oil was getting into it. I got rid of it soon after & ended up adding my loan to another loan to buy another car. :(

learnt quite a lot from that experience. :lol:

Never owned a bad car. I love my 306.... Handles great, its pretty quick. Fuel ecomony is alright. Then again, I am a new driver. I haven't had a chance to buy a crap car.

Havant really had a bad car,however i did once buy a Matra rancho which was made of fibreglass,i put 6 bags of plaster in the back and couldnt shut the tailgate the weight had split the floorpan and then it sagged wrote it off!!!! they were the old bags about 50 kilo

Are we takling about cars we've owned that where in bad condition or cars we've owned that we just didn't like? Co's I don't think its fair to give the manufacturer a bad name & turn your back on the make because you owned one bad example...

Having said that I'll never buy another french car, jesus christ.

Havant really had a bad car,however i did once buy a Matra rancho which was made of fibreglass,i put 6 bags of plaster in the back and couldnt shut the tailgate the weight had split the floorpan and then it sagged wrote it off!!!! they were the old bags about 50 kilo

if that isnt a bad car what is ?

Havant really had a bad car,however i did once buy a Matra rancho which was made of fibreglass

I remember these, I have not seen one on the road in the last twenty years or so, maybe they are all in the scrap yard now or recycled into something worthy.