Sad angry or sleepy drivers which is worst

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Which do you think is the most likely group of drivers to have an accident?

Sad ones - those emotionally distressed, depressed or anxious
Sleepy drivers - lacking regular sleep and experiencing fatigue
Angry drivers - festering road range or generally het up about something​

Which order would you put these in as most to least risky?

I think sleepy drivers are potentially the worst because falling asleep at the wheel can be fatal, but I seem to get my share of angry drivers. Had one today, same stretch of road as that woman the other week; same business, tailgating me. I left him behind whenever any driving skill was required but he broke every speed limit on the straights to get back on my tail. Oriental guy, had a Kuga with 888 number plate, thick glasses on, eventually hammered past me then braked and turned right. Ass - So! Is selling takewaway food so stressful?

I absolutely abhor aggressive tailgaters especially trucks and semi trailers that have no chance of stopping in an emergency situation and would drive over the top of me before coming to a halt so much so that I have given myself a Chrissy present of a dash/crash cam that will be rear mounted so the offenders/fools/idiots who endanger my wellbeing can be reported to the authorities.

Just have to get an auto sparky to hard wire the rear camera so it starts recording when the ignition is turned on.

I do change lanes where possible to get out of their way and already have a front mounted camera.

Some trucks are 60 tons fully loaded and take a couple of footy fields to stop from 100KPH

Angry drivers generally paying attention, if only to yell at people and give them the finger.
Sad ones. meh.
Sleepy drivers the most dangerous.

I was following a van on Saturday that was weaving all over the road. Everytime we passed a junction he was drifting over the give way lines, same at laybys. It was like he was being pulled to the left.
Eventually he kerbed it and straightened out for a few minutes. At first we thought he was drunk or on the phone but after the kerbing we suspect it was tiredness. The adrenaline rush from the kerbing woke him up enough to drive straight for a while.

Suffice to say I hung back from the fool until he turned off.

I followed a car for about 5 miles yesterday morning 6am icy and dark and they had no lights on at all. The dash board must off been pitch black. So im guessing he was a sleeper

There was something on the BBC that suggests that sad drivers account for more accidents than sleepy ones! Which surprised me.

I think angry is the worst condition to be in when it comes to elevated risk and bad judgement.

I think sleep-deprived are the worst. Could easily cross a carriageway and hammer into oncoming traffic if there isn't much of a barrier, or spin back into the flowing traffic if there is. Sad, I imagine they'd be quite slow and non-plussed. I can't call angry drivers simply because so many other drivers make me angry whilst driving by their complete lack of knowledge, skill, perception, observational skills etc. I have a dash cam i'm waiting to mount, i'm not sure what i'm waiting for really, the will I think. :lol: