Winner! - Saab GB 2012 Nationals

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Well, yours truly took home some more silverware on Sunday by winning the Best Customised Car at this years Saab Owners Club of GB Nationals which was held at Wicksteed Park in Kettering.

The Beast was groomed to perfection by the Autowash guys in Essex and I drove like Miss Daisy trying to keep it clean.

Her Indoors and I drove up to the hotel on Friday afternoon and we spent a very pleasant evening talking to other SOC members in the lounge/bar.

Day 1: On the Saturday involved a meet and greet with other members at the venue and a few tweaks and last minute panic problem solving. There was a great camaraderie by all the members and guests; shared cleaning equipment and even other people helping other members to clean their cars and do engine fiddling things, it was fantastic.

Day 2: On Sunday was the actual best in car show, raffles, auctions and full on banter and spare parts purchases from one of the many traders on site.

I also had the very great honour in meeting the legendary Erik Carlsson whose exploits behind the wheel of a V4 Saab in various car rally's around the world helped to put Saab on the map. Erik, in case anyone does not know, was married to a very special lady and gifted racing driver called Pat Moss who just happened to be the sister of our very own Sir Stirling Moss :cool:

So as well as meeting one of my all time heroes, I was also given my award by the main man himself!

A few pics starting off from the detailers!

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

Some photos from the Show!

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

My award presentation!

att_2.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

congrats on the award and im glad you had a cracking weekend!!

just got to ask has that walking stick been added by paint?? it looks really fake:blink:
att_2.jpg

congrats on the award and im glad you had a cracking weekend!!

just got to ask has that walking stick been added by paint?? it looks really fake:blink:
att_2.jpg

:lol: You cheeky devil! The walking stick is made from Swedish pine from Erik's native country and is actually a family heirloom apparently. :)

do you reckon a cartoon character who won it really and dr os is trying to take the glory??:lol:

:lol: I'm not that good with photoshop herb ;) Unfortunately Erik has a medical condition that requires his constant use of a walking stick. Even with his dodgy hip I would not take the man on through the forest behind the wheel of a V4 Saab or any other car come to that :embarrest:

A few more pics!

IMG_0104.jpg

Her Indoors with the main man!

IMG_0105.jpg

Her Indoors with a new found drinking partner!

att_11.jpg

The son of Her Indoors new drinking partner who kicked up a proper temper tantrum to have his picture taken with the Beast!

dfa10697-1.jpg

:lol: You cheeky devil! The walking stick is made from Swedish pine from Erik's native country and is actually a family heirloom apparently. :)

:lol: I'm not that good with photoshop herb ;) Unfortunately Erik has a medical condition that requires his constant use of a walking stick. Even with his dodgy hip I would not take the man on through the forest behind the wheel of a V4 Saab or any other car come to that :embarrest:

A few more pics!

IMG_0104.jpg

Her Indoors with the main man!

IMG_0105.jpg

Her Indoors with a new found drinking partner!

att_11.jpg

The son of Her Indoors new drinking partner who kicked up a proper temper tantrum to have his picture taken with the Beast!

dfa10697-1.jpg
hopefully you know im only having a laugh (not at Eriks expense in the slightest!)

Wow! I missed this! Great news BigT and a very well done on the win! I am sure your extremely proud! :D

Now... I wish I had a bottomless pit of a wallet! :lol:

Many thanks Dave, and it is indeed an annual event usually mid to late July, infact next year will be the UK's turn to host the Internationals.
This is held by a different country each year and is an absolutely huge affair.
It has been 25 years since we hosted it last so I am already looking forward to being a part of it in 2013 :bigsmile:

You deserved that win, you've put so much into that car. It sounds like you had an awesome day out and that is what car shows and meets are all about.