Why do people stick with the same model car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
My brother had a Nova and panicked when they started making those new fangled Corsa things! He has since had 2 Corsas and his next car is going to be another Corsa.

At least he goes for different engines and colours but do you know anyone who will not even consider another model of car?

BTW the reason my brother gives is that he knows where all the switches and controls are.

and ? the inside of the astra is the exact same. doubt the vectra ( insignia if its new ) wont be much different.

one of the wifes mates is the same. she started with a bubble corsa, then another, 2 corsa C's now a corsa vxr

nealy all vauxhalls/gms are them same

last 3 cars i have had have been trans am's but all diff years and shapes i onlly buy a car if i like the look of it
dont really care what it is but most of the time they are not cheap motors

They stick with the same make and model because the local dealers can make repeated supposedly trade in offers for cars that are two years old or less.

It's the 'set in their ways' pensioners that do this mostly.

They'd be better off keeping the car ten years - get it serviced regularly - drive it properly (hard) two or three times a year and save loads of money.

My Father seems to think that changing down to fourth gear at 50mph once or twice a year is enough to keep the emissions numbers in check.

Doesn't work.