Fillups same place or random

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you always fill up at the same place or wherever you happen to need fuel?

I use 2 petrol stations 90% of the time, so I don't mix it up much. BP or Shell!

With the Leon I always used V power so I would generally fill up as soon as I got down to a quarter of a tank so 9 times out of 10 I would use the same shell station by my house.

The 75 I just put £30 - £40 whenever I need to so I will use anywhere even a supermarket pump

I tend to use either V-Nitro+ or BP Ultimate. I have been caught out on occasion where the thirsty Beast requires a top up for my journey home when I am a long way away. I may not have a choice as to the petrol station but it will always be topped up with super unleaded.

Wherever I happen to be when fuel is required in the Fox. Julia (wife) checks on line for the cheapest price but I just can't be arsed.

theres a supermarket that takes longer for me to drive to then walk !! once I get the fun bus running will start using Texaco and what ever there premium diesel is called these days.

Ah yes Texaco, I remember the days way back when, when Texaco was constantly advertising on the TV with snappy adverts. How times have changed :)

Way back when I was a youngster I found PHILLIPS petrol seemed to make my car livelier and could cerst certain hills without changeing dowm like I had to do with Shell.

Here are the names/brands of petrol stations available when I started driving
Ampol
Neptune.
Total
Golden Fleece
Amoco
Plume
Purr Pull
Phillips
Esso
Shell
BP

Other than a few independents we only have BP,Shell & Caltex

Unless I'm further afield in an area i don't know it's usually either the Shell at the end of my road or the Shell near work. Never really stop anywhere else.