Wheeler Dealers - Now

dagger

The Torque Meister
Car
Nissan Primera S.I.
Just Watching Wheeler Dealers - restoring a Ford Capri 1.6 Laser

I've always wanted one of these, since i was a kid

Coool car :cool:

Wish i knew it was on! Had a 2.8i for 14 years! nice car,before that a 2.0s,also briefly had a 1.6.Do miss the ole capri,still like to see them ,rare these days though!.

Wish i knew it was on! Had a 2.8i for 14 years! nice car,before that a 2.0s,also briefly had a 1.6.Do miss the ole capri,still like to see them ,rare these days though!.

Struggling to remember the last time that I saw a Capri of any description on the road.

I see a red 3.1 Capri all the time. Use to talk to the bloke that owns it.
He uses it for work everyday and he's had it well over 20 years now.
I know he's still got it because it still parks at the same factory he works at everyday.

That is one car I always liked but never owned. Nearly came to buy one once but went for something else, was a mk1 V4 GT iirc. Mates all had them ranging from 2.0S, 3.0S, Ghia, 2.8i and a JPS. Always tail happy as I remember when pushed, quite common to see a bag or two of cement in the back.

Just Watching Wheeler Dealers - restoring a Ford Capri 1.6 Laser

I've always wanted one of these, since i was a kid

Coool car :cool:

I always had a soft spot for the Ford Capri. I was born in 1970 and as a child it was the shape I loved. Into the 1980s and I fancied a Tickford Capri Turbo, which is a 2.8i which was extensively modified by Aston Martin.

In 1988 I drove a 1983 model 2.0 Capri and my dreams were shattered. My Dad's 1.6 Sierra of the same age was quicker, had PAS (unusually back then), was quieter and felt far more secure on the road even to according to my fledgling experience. I later discovered that the Sierra had independent rear suspension. The Capri didn't.

That is one car I always liked but never owned. Nearly came to buy one once but went for something else, was a mk1 V4 GT iirc. Mates all had them ranging from 2.0S, 3.0S, Ghia, 2.8i and a JPS. Always tail happy as I remember when pushed, quite common to see a bag or two of cement in the back.

Seen one in a scrapyard once someone had filled halfway up the boot with concrete,would,nt have been to bad if the finish was smooth,lol.:amazed:

Yup rigid axle and leafs spring make for a lively ride indeed.
Especially if your in a 2.8. The one my parents had went very well. Tail happy but quick.

I always had a soft spot for the Ford Capri. I was born in 1970 and as a child it was the shape I loved. Into the 1980s and I fancied a Tickford Capri Turbo, which is a 2.8i which was extensively modified by Aston Martin.

In 1988 I drove a 1983 model 2.0 Capri and my dreams were shattered. My Dad's 1.6 Sierra of the same age was quicker, had PAS (unusually back then), was quieter and felt far more secure on the road even to according to my fledgling experience. I later discovered that the Sierra had independent rear suspension. The Capri didn't.

Yup rigid axle and leafs spring make for a lively ride indeed.
Especially if your in a 2.8. The one my parents had went very well. Tail happy but quick.

This was one of the few that was not tail happy, it was mine many moons ago when I had the customising bug! A 3.5 ltr Rover V8 and a Jaguar E-Type rear end with lights aimed at the open spinning half shafts, it was my first one true love! :love:

Capri1.jpg