Whats wrong with your car

billyo

Track Warrior
How many of you are living with faults or problems in their cars. I always complain about people having broken switches, sticky windows and bumper scrapes but I am probably the worlds worst at ignoring these things myself.

Currently I have a broken indicator cluster, a scrape on the rear wing and some blown dash bulbs behind the heater controls.

What is wrong with your car at the moment?

a wheel bearing, and its not that bad really, only just stareted whining

i dont really care for things wrong with a car aslong as the engine, gearbox is ok, the rest i can fix,

try fixing those things yourself billyo, you cant make them any worse, if it was mechanics and you didnt know about it, id say no, but their only things that need screws and bulbs,

if your stuck give me a shout

Some comic has swapped my Bugatti badge for a Rover one, I'm missing four turbos & 12 cylinders. :amuse:

My to do list,
Find & fix all water leaks,
Grease suspension pivots,
Back box keeps knocking subframe, needs fettling. :)

Everything now since it was destroyed in the RTA I was involved in on 24 Jun 2009.

Prior to that everything had worked perfectly - I had maintained and serviced it up to the teeth and higher since buying it.

A few scratches and minor dents and a badly dented front wing. Everything else is in pretty good order though. I tend to get mechanical faults sorted ASAP and will be getting a bodyshop to sort the body out soon.

The Focus has a scrape down the passenger side (due to some fool) but thats it on that.

The Ti needs a gearbox swap and the exhaust changing over from my other Ti.

The Cab just needs a bit of bodywork. Maybe some new bushes all round. The drivers door motor slips so that needs replacing. And the exhaust knocks the floor on the back end. Oh and I think I may do a service on it too.

couple of stone chips in on the bonnet. scratch again on the bonnet but this could just be through the lacur.

scrape on the bumber rub strip - currently sitting in dining room after spending 3 bloody hours today getting it off, sanded down and 1st coat of primer on it just know.

boosting in 1st gear - cant figure out why or if i havent noticed it before.

Sub box still not finished - when did i start this ?

Carputer crashes due to 3.5" HD not being able to take the bumps. - looking to get a 2.5" disc soon.

think thats it

Solid state HDD might be a possibility now.

couple of stone chips in on the bonnet. scratch again on the bonnet but this could just be through the lacur.

scrape on the bumber rub strip - currently sitting in dining room after spending 3 bloody hours today getting it off, sanded down and 1st coat of primer on it just know.

Carputer crashes due to 3.5" HD not being able to take the bumps. - looking to get a 2.5" disc soon.

think thats it

Its the price that buts me off, im needing minimum of 250gb to cover all the music and shows that are on it currently. looking around £500 for one.

tried a CF card boot module but the motherboard doesnt like it. was advised to try a flash module. got a 2gb version and loaded windows onto it. didnt work ether.

main light switch not working
drivers indicator
no paint
sticky passenger window.
get some silicone spray from halfords coupe, that will sort out the sticky window, spray all the rubbers around the glass

My main problem is my alloys rub my arches...Need them rolled. I have a side light out. Lack of power in the car and my battery is flat. So I have no radio to listen to :(

Nothing currently wrong here - although as is the nature of the 'W' - it won't be long before something's up.

started on the stone chips

scrape on the bumber rub strip - currently sitting in dining room after spending 3 bloody hours today getting it off, sanded down and 1st coat of primer on it just now.

Done and back on the car. Rear valance is also sitting with a couple of coats of primer although ive got a while to finish this off as exhaust isnt as bad as originally thought

This seems to be standard, i mustnt have just noticed it :embarrest:

Done and in the car although will need to come out again to clean up the sub and fit preamp

You expected it NOT to boost in first? :blink:

No problems with the Alfa or the Mk2 Punto at all. Problem with the GT is it's in bits, I have no time and I can barely move in my room now for thousands of pounds of car stuff in the way.

nope, i expected it but it never felt like it was and cant say i had ever recorded boost in 1st gear really on diagnostics or on the gauge. think it was more im gentle in 1st as traction was a pain until the newer tyres went on.
did wonder is the ECU backed off the boost to aid traction in 1st and 2nd

nope, i expected it but it never felt like it was and cant say i had ever recorded boost in 1st gear really on diagnostics or on the gauge. think it was more im gentle in 1st as traction was a pain until the newer tyres went on.
did wonder is the ECU backed off the boost to aid traction in 1st and 2nd

Maybe it does? I used to have boost limited to 1 bar on the GT in first and second on the AVC-R for normal driving.

These turbo VAG engines are so smooth anyways compared to the old-school turbo'd cars.

nothing that i could find on any forum. no error codes logged when i checked quickly but only done engine, brakes and a third one cant remember which
trying to check with a 7" screen not easy when it touch screen and the buttons are tiny. really need to get the laptop on it and look properly

Engine, brakes, steering and other mechanicals now fixed and refurbished. Bodywork has few stone chips on bonnet, bubble rust coming through on roof at top of windscreen. New spoiler needs spraying and fitting. Sunroof closes properly but only 9 times out of 10, sometimes it doesn't sit down right in the aperture and I have to push it in by hand. Have new custom exhaust, dual port wastegate and chip set to be fitted but thats not a fault, just for pleasure ;)

Everything is wrong with my car now! It's been destroyed totally thanks to some idiot who emerged from a T-junction without looking, right across my path on the main (de-restricted, NSL) road.

Very nasy collision indeed. Both cars wrecked. All occupants suffered minor injuries only - no blood;oss, no broken bones. it looked worse than it was, modern cars are very protective of drivers and passengers.

The crumple zones and airbags in the 406 basically kept me alive and I incurred minor injuries only - some bruises and a few abrasions from the airbags.

I managed to avoid hitting the middle of the emerging car and steered to hit the engine bay side on - probably saving the occupants of the other car but making a bigger mess of mine and of me.

I always maintain my cars up to the teeth and beyond. Everything is serviced timely and discs, pads, wipers, lamps, tyres, alignment etc. are always kept in top condition.

And now I've lost the lot and have the unenviable task of buying another car :-(

At the moment mine is lacking power, I'm really missing the 220 2.0 TFsi in my A4 Quattro. The economy is great though.

Passat Ao55 YRJ - I want shot of it. It's a piece of junk, everything is wrong. VW = people's car. Like hell. They're money pits. Give me back the E39 528i right now