Whats wrong with drivers today!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Time for a rant, i'm in a moany old git frame of mind! Let's discuss everything that's wrong with drivers and the state of our roads today...

Why do drivers of grey or silver cars deem it a crime to use dipped headlights when it's raining ? Are they all totally stupid or just set on an early death ?

No offense ObiWaynne, but why do most Audi drivers force you out of the way then cruise at 70mph after you have moved!? WHY!?

Why is it we have dual carriageways but always insist on using the outside lane until it is full head to tail when the inside lane is near on empty? They just seem to be a fast lane going slow rather than an overtaking lane? Inside lane 50-60mph, outside lane 55-65 and sometimes 70mph if you are lucky.

Commercial vehicles restricted to 62mph but insist on pulling out trying to do 63mph plus to overtake and taking an hour to do so! :blink:

Why do trucks insist on overtaking going uphill for half a day only to give up after 5 miles and pull in behind the one trying to get past? :blink:

Contraflow markers given countdown in yards (still) and drivers see how far they can push it before either hitting the cones or carving someone up.

I could go on all day! :amuse:

Why do young people have NO interest in cars? I blame Toyota and Honda for making bland boring cars.

Why do drivers of German cars (VW, Audi, BMW) always cut you off, and never use a signal but somehow I'm the bad guy when they cut me off and flip me the bird.

Why do Honda-tards as I affectionately call them always challenge me to races and then make excuses like "Vtec didn't kick in" when they have their ass handed to them?

Why do Ford Mustang drivers all think they own something amazing even if it's an absolute base model V6 that can't get out of it's own way?

No offense ObiWaynne, but why do most Audi drivers force you out of the way then cruise at 70mph after you have moved!? WHY!?

The explanation is a very simple one. We are just following the instruction in our manual just before the warranty card.

It clearly says "TEAR ALONG DOTTED LINE!"

It's not our fault other manufacturers fail to pass on this little gem of motoring wisdom and assertiveness. If you are in the middle of the road then you are unlikely to clip your alloys or pick up dirt from a muddy puddle!

What's with the blindspot hoggers? Approach at light speed in the motorway lane to your right and then slow down at the point when they should be continuing their progress past.

Or the ones who bust a gut to get past you then slow down.
T9 man, you're forgiven for any offence that you may have been partially blamed of. We have a silver motor too and the lights on that work well when it's adverse weather, as well as night time.

Why do people pull out in front of me all the time? They see me coming, they just assume I'm gonna be doing the speed limit & out they come.

Seen the same thing happen to bikers quite a lot too.

But if said car was on the speed limit or under then maybe the other driver thought there would be time to pull out.
If over the limit then don't moan cause you have to brake to slow down.
Stick to the limit in the first place.

It's still mindlessly stupid to drive into the path of an oncoming car whether it's below, at, or above the speed limit.

I'm not moaning. Just be aware that if you drive out directly ahead of someone who is only marginally over the limit and cause a collision you are still going to be blamed 100%

Of course if the approaching car is travelling outrageously quickly then it's driver will get some of the blame.

Last edited:
I'm not moaning.
But JC was, that is the point TN was making I think. I'm not saying that I don't occasional drift above the speed limit but you have to accept the fact that people most people do stick to the speed limits and you can't moan when they do. They aren't the ones breaking the law. Maybe it's better if they do manage to slow some people down.

What I find more infuriating is when you are on the major road approaching a junction and there's nothing either in front nor behind. A car is waiting at the junction. It's driver leaves it til the last second to emerge. (Why not get on with it in the first place or wait another two seconds and emerge behind me?) But no - let's continue with the rant :)

And then proceeds at 20mph below the posted limit.

When you get a chance and overtake you get the V signs and horn concerto.

Now we enter a built up area and reduce speed to 30mph.

The idiot is now on your bumper flashing lights because he cannot continue at 'his' speed of exactly 40mph.This is the lowest speed at which he can engage 5th gear and therefore this is the correct speed for all situations and circumstances. This is good practice because it totally removes the need to look or think at all.

This is a trait I notice particularly amongst older male drivers, those of or above retirement age. Very tempting to bury the brake pedal with both feet

Last edited:
Correct.

But JC was, that is the point TN was making I think. I'm not saying that I don't occasional drift above the speed limit but you have to accept the fact that people most people do stick to the speed limits and you can't moan when they do. They aren't the ones breaking the law. Maybe it's better if they do manage to slow some people down.

More the problem is that they pass their test and then STOP learning

Exactly, more so with the motorcyclist IMO. I watch them taking instructions from an instructor on a Saturday morning on the way into the office, I tell you this; if they continued to ride like that after they past their test then there would be far less deaths involving motorcyclists on the road.

I don't even know where to begin. This morning alone I was driving the wife to work through wakefield up the dual carriageway and some complete *&^%$ in a little red .....thing!..... decides it's quite alright for him to pull straight in front of me where there is zero room meaning i either have to break or hit him. It took a great deal of restraint when stopped at the next lights not to physcially get out, rip off his car door, pull him out, then proceed to beat him to death with said door. I get this all the time!

Usually every single day someone wants to race me. I constantly mention to the wife, "look at this guy, suddenly weaving around traffic and putting his foot down because he's seen me" and all i get as a response is, "maybe he's just late for work" or "maybe he just wants to get home. Why are you convinced everyone's trying to race you?" Are you kidding me? They JUST realised they were late or that they needed something on the way home. Just now. Just as soon as they've seen me. Just at the moment I've seen their eyes staring at me in the rear view mirror. Jesus wept.

Anyway my basic problem is every person who gets a hard on as soon as they see me coming and start driving dangerously to somehow prove a point putting themselves, me and other drivers all at risk....... Stop it!! Your car is not fast, I am not proving that to you here in traffic you idiot, learn more about cars and then you'll know just how much of a tool you're being!!

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHMMMSSSFFFSSBBLLLEERRRGGHHH!!!

and breathe.......... lol