Volvo C30 any thoughts?

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
Hi all, I live in a fairly rural area so therefore a smaller car is the best bet as it's a pain driving larger cars in country lanes, so a medium hatch should suit my needs,Normally the answer will always be VW Golf but I have my doubts about German made cars blah blah blah, so the default answer is Focus, yes I am a huge fan of Ford products but the Volvo C30 has recently rang my bell,
We have owned a few Volvo's and have only ever had to lift the bonnet to fill the screen cleaner, which is rare for any car i know.
The C30 is built on the Focus platform so I presume handles very well, in a smarter suit,
there is a huge variation of engines, ranging from start stop 1.6 diesel to 2.5 turbo petrol.
Any thoughts, experiences etc, Thank you

I have a Volvo C70 which is a lot larger than what your talking about but is as far as im aware built on the Ford Focus (has the same engine, suspension and braking system. I love my car and its very simple to maintain. I opted for the 2009 2.0 D and it handles very nicely. I am not sure this is helpful to you but as a volvo owner I have to say i like it. The only niggle is that it dosent have a heated front screen like my old mondeo did, but thats a ford thing.

Yes, the heated screen is apparently patented by Ford, we had a v70 and many fords since, currently owning an xc90, hence the reason the c30 came up on my radar, have you had any problems at all with your v70?

I really like the XC90. I was tempted. The only issues I have had with my C70 were due to it not being serviced in years. It smoked a bit when i first got it but then all the filters looked like they were caked in chocolate spread \and the oil was so bad that i engine flushed it, changed it then changed it again a month later. and now she runs perfectly. so considering the lack of care before i got it its perfect.

I have customised it a bit since I have had it but thats personal preference not necessity

I love the look and drive of the C30, I Don't think you'll be disappointed. The 2.5 petrol is the performance option to go for but even the diesels are quite lively.

Next door have a C30 t5. Looks nice but is quite small. Deceptive hot hatch though - cos it's a Volvo. Loads of tuning potential with the T5 to get very quick, but if you want some economy too, the D5 version has 180bhp as standard.