Unusual Birthday Present

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
My son is now an agent for Celtic Tuning (re-mapping) for the Essex area. His Mum's (my missus) car is an Astra 2l turbo. Without her knowing, he re-mapped it for her birthday. The first time she went out in it (still not knowing) she said it was as if the turbo had suddenly grown a second gear!

I have driven it and agree with her comments that it is not only quicker, but also much smoother even at low revs in high gears.

Power was upped from 193 to 256bhp and lb/ft from 190 to 260.

Wife is a petrol head, by the way :)

Thats quite funny. Not a massive headline power gain but it goes to show that it is down to what happens accross the rev range.

Hehe, good lads for doing that. I did something similar for my mum a couple fo years ago and got her 2.0 20V T3 C70 remapped and it's alot better. She also had her Astra Cabby 2.0 Turbo done and resaulted in similar numbers.

Thats quite funny. Not a massive headline power gain but it goes to show that it is down to what happens accross the rev range.

I dont think that over 60bhp increase is too shabby. Try to do that with conventional tuning and it will cost you a fortune :) However, the real gains are with oil burners.

Last edited:
Absolutely!

You should see the control software for my life ECU. There are literally hundreds of variables (actually 697) to play with. No need to pay to have it remapped as everything, and I mean everything, is changeable. ECU controls everything including nitrous and traction/launch control.

However, I won't be going anywhere near it, I will leave it to my expert :)