UKs Fastest Police Car

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
http://cars.uk.msn.com/features/photos.aspx?cp-documentid=155842304

It's old news but I just stumbled across it, and it had me thinking - why is there a need for these? At £50,000 a go is it really necessary at such a time where money is scarce and cutbacks are thrown left right and centre? I don't see how you would need this car, correct me if I'm wrong (I'm writing in a hurry) but the police use a Volve s60 T5, which is only a second slower in the 0-62 ranks. And top speed is not too dissimilar.

"and we hope it will prove an effective deterrent to anyone thinking of speeding or trying to outrun us." - Really? How often do you get someone with big enough onions or a small enough brain to try and out run the police in this day and age? With proper policing and tactics there shouldn't be a need for a faster car.

Just re-map the old Astras! :lol: To me this is just a waste of money at a time where it could be spent elsewhere.

Agreed! Do not see the point in this at all; As Dan Ackroyd said in the Blues Brothers movie! "You can't outrun a Motorola!" :amuse:

Agree with the above except for:

How often do you get someone with big enough onions or a small enough brain to try and out run the police in this day and age?

Based on the number of 'caught on camera' car chases, there are plenty out there who think they can :)

Agree with the above except for:

How often do you get someone with big enough onions or a small enough brain to try and out run the police in this day and age?

Based on the number of 'caught on camera' car chases, there are plenty out there who think they can :)

Fair point well made :lol: although surely those drivers must have seen these programmes at some point to know that never end well.

Yes, but the lack of brain cells means they think they can get away and the lack of driving skills means they usually get caught.

Last edited:
I was watching Police Interceptors recently when one particular force was running an EVO and a Subaru. Having a car that can keep up with fast crooks is useless when the crooks are using X5 beemers, then reversing into said EVO and squashing it! Anyone remember back when some forces were trialling Sierra Cosworths? Most were wrecked as the drivers could not control them!

I heard somewhere that actually most crooks get away in car chases. But they don't show there as it would encourage people to try to escape. That's why most chases in there shows involve slower cars. Cause the faster ones mostly get away

police arent allow to pursue now as it is dangerous to the public as the driver will recklessly try and get away, you can see this in america as they persue and lots of the public are put at risk

Id give that a bloody good go. I can get off the line in less then 5 seconds and top speed? Nobody knows? :blink: Before the map, it beat the new unrestricted M3 (in 2009), that was after it pulled the clock at 160.

Saying that, what happens if they catch a crim? Can't exactly put them in the back! :lol:

They should fit guns to the front like 007's Aston! Nuff said! Failing that they should be working on some type of controlled emp system to blow the electrics.

It makes me want to sign up to work on the force, if I'll get to drive something like that.