Fastest car for 2k

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the fastest car you can get with a 2k budget?

I'm hoping you'll be able to recommend some unusual cars that tick the "fast" box here. Running costs are not an issue it's all about having fun for a set budget.

(Fast can mean a good 0-60 time, fantastic handling or just a very high top speed - it's up to you to decide how you define fast car.)

Have a quick scan of the classifieds and report back anything interesting.

I'm starting this topic because it's something I'm always getting emailed about so I can just refer people to this thread for an answer.

I'm looking @the Mazda RX-8 for speed/fun and around 2K, of course it's a failry used one.

0-60 in around 6 seconds, 225bhp, 1.3L engine, very maneuverable and fun to drive. Only downside is maintenance, before and after your ride don't turn off the engine give it a couple minutes, otherwise engine flood occurs. There's probably better choices but that's my favored personally :)

That's actually a really good suggestion, I took one out for a spin once and thoroughly enjoyed it, there is no other car that drives like it, it's almost aircraft like when the engine revs climb up high.

ahah that's good to know since it's my favorite affordable car and after a lot of research and looking I want it,

as an added bonus having 4 seats and the decent boot makes it pretty conveniant for normal use too, then again you got the oil usage which doesn't but yeah, very fun flying car indeed ^^

Classic, UK spec, Impreza can be had for £2k and less now.
The power output, if looked after, should still be in the 260-270bhp and should still launch you to 60 in 6 seconds ish.

Plus 4 door family saloon :)

edit: though for that money you will be buying a shed that has probably had a rough life. There's a reason why good examples and JDMs go for more.