Two cars or one allrounder

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Would you prefer to have two cars, a sporty/fun car and a daily commuter car?

On the other hand is it better to have an all rounder that is not quite as much fun, or comfortable on the commute but can perform both roles adequately.

The car in the pic is my toy that is used for club sport so it is trailer-ed to events only driven on the road when the mood takes me and my daily 4x4 dual cab ute tows it to events so each has a dedicated role.

I'm happy with an all-rounder but it is depressing that the most use it gets is commuting in traffic to Leeds and back. Fairly soul destroying. I like to get out on a weekend when I can up to the B-roads or to the odd show in season, which, thankfully, is now upon us

I would much prefer to have one of each, unfortunately where I currently reside parking spaces are in short supply so I would struggle I'm afraid :(

For me it's the insurance, tax and servicing costs x2 that I can't afford.

I did look at a 1.6 diesel with 75 mpg and zero tax and a fun Fiat 500 Abarth for kicks but my allrounder seems to tick all the bases at the moment.

Fortunatly the car on the left is over 30 years old and qualifies for club registration so that now costs$190.00 AUD instead of $ 700.00 odd.