Top Gear. 06/02/2011

clad you remembered about it this week
have been having a few little naps this afternoon and forgot about most things lol

but was ok tonight nothing great

i want that volvo, now theres a sentence i never thought id say lol !!!!!!!

on abot volvos, anyone seen the advert for the new S60, mm, i like it.

Yes I know exactly what you mean Gee! my ex girlfriend was described to me by my mates as being just like a Volvo! big, powerful, ugly with an absolutely mahoooooooosive rear end :lol:

I thought it was good, finally some quick cars people can afford!!!

The C30 is insane but it's a shame it wasn't dry enough for the RS500 to really show what it's made of.

I thought it was good, finally some quick cars people can afford!!!

The C30 is insane but it's a shame it wasn't dry enough for the RS500 to really show what it's made of.

People might be able to afford them but will find it hard to get the RS500 and the Impreza and it will be impossible to buy the C30 as they won't be putting it into production.
Which is a shame really.
I'm sure I read somewhere that only 101 RS500's will be brought to the UK.

Yep only 101 but there is still one on e-bay right now and I know someone who has just sold one back to the dealer so that's two already, not that hard to find lol.

Plus there is a WRX Cossie on ebay too and that's without even looking.

Eazy maaaayte.

Yep only 101 but there is still one on e-bay right now and I know someone who has just sold one back to the dealer so that's two already, not that hard to find lol.

Plus there is a WRX Cossie on ebay too and that's without even looking.

Eazy maaaayte.

I've seen 2 500's on ebay but your won't get them for the price Ford sold them new.;)

Would you want to pay over what Ford themselves sell them for?
That's all i'm saying if you wanted one from the Factory you can't have one.
There will always be things like that for sale on Ebay the point is you can't go and order one from Ford so people are forced to pay over the odds for one which me personally wouldn't do.

I see what you're saying, but to an enthusiast they're not bothered. If I really wanted one I'd pay £5k over the odds no problem, as if they are £40k everywhere then that is "the odds". Get me bruv.

Are RS200's worth £150k? Depends on how much you want one doesn't it.

True True.
I saw an RS200 the other day on PH I think and it had only done 1000 odd miles from new and he wanted 100k for it.
Thats something i'll never understand?
Why buy a car just to stash it away in a heated garage?
Now I know people collect cars but to me it's a waste of time unless your going to drive them.
Obviously wouldn't drive something like that everyday but i'd at least want it out in the summer months.

Same here, whilst I can understand why people lock their cars away for the winter months or what have you, I will never understand why people lock cars away indefinately. I'd be out driving it every dry weekend if it was me!

I see what you guys are saying but in all fairness i don't think you can compare the RS200 built in limited quantities to homologate it for Group B to mass produced (limited edition) focus, anything that has history is always more expensive,

check out antiques roadshow for crap that shouldn't be worth a few quid but is because it's a couple of hundred years old and king henry viii's wife's second cousin once sneezed on it

I WANT THAT VOLVO!!!

BUILD IT VOLVO PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

Seriously, in a more muted paintjob that Volvo would be a fabulous q car.

To be honest, that kind of car excites me far more than the so-called supercars. I've got so bored with reading about the next Ferrari or Porsche, that has 0.00001bhp more than the last one, and does 200.0000000000001 mph now.

Got to be honest, and to put a downer on this, but I was not to happy with the RS 500. Front wheel drive? As Saab say, the maximum bhp in a fwd car is 220. Anything other is a waste. If they had made it 4X4, then I would be more interested. Dont like the Scoobie (and no, not because its a scoobie) because ''IT IS NOT AN IMPRETZA'' Subaru have pulled out of rally'in and to keep the impretza name going, gone and put a 2.5L engine in and made it into a hatch back. You dont see ford making a hatch then calling it a mondao do you?

Now the Volvo. WHAT A CAR!! It is a shame they will never produce it. How nice would it be to have one and sit at some lights, with a Scoobie or an Evo driver roll up to you and then get smocked by somone driving a volvo!

I know I would never go out in public again if that happened to me! :embarrest:

Got to be honest, and to put a downer on this, but I was not to happy with the RS 500. Front wheel drive? As Saab say, the maximum bhp in a fwd car is 220. Anything other is a waste. If they had made it 4X4, then I would be more interested. Dont like the Scoobie (and no, not because its a scoobie) because ''IT IS NOT AN IMPRETZA'' Subaru have pulled out of rally'in and to keep the impretza name going, gone and put a 2.5L engine in and made it into a hatch back. You dont see ford making a hatch then calling it a mondao do you?

Now the Volvo. WHAT A CAR!! It is a shame they will never produce it. How nice would it be to have one and sit at some lights, with a Scoobie or an Evo driver roll up to you and then get smocked by somone driving a volvo!

I know I would never go out in public again if that happened to me! :embarrest:

I think that the Saab statement was made with the same tongue in cheek comment as Bill Gates's legendary 1981 statement at a computer trade fair: "640k ought to be enough for anybody" :)

Saab now have a Hirsch upgrade for their 9-3 210bhp fwd Aero which takes it up to 252 bhp and their 9-5 2.8 V6 still fwd produces 280bhp.
My own Beast has a rolling road proven 321bhp and it has very good traction control under the circumstances!

That Volvo on TG was amazing! and I do think that IF enough people want it, then Volvo will build it ;)

I WANT THAT VOLVO!!!

Which one? The FRS is Volvo powered too :lol:

Got to be honest, and to put a downer on this, but I was not to happy with the RS 500. Front wheel drive? As Saab say, the maximum bhp in a fwd car is 220. Anything other is a waste. If they had made it 4X4, then I would be more interested.

Ford built an identically powered 4x4 version and tested it alongside the FWD version and the FWD version was quicker in practically every way. Although it's nice to know you'd be happier with a slower car and 4wd to hold your hand :lol:

I've still not seen this weeks edition, I must catch up really! I hope it is worth watching the last 2 seemed to be of higher quality than a lot of the previous series.