Top Gear vs grand tour

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Which do you think is the better program?

The new TopGear team or the Old team in the Grand tour?

I'm quite liking the new TopGear team actually, after the first few annoying episodes they get into a good stride and it becomes quite watchable.

I like both tbf. I like the familiarity and banter of the old guys and know they're pretty much just messing about. I wasn't sold at first on the new Top Gear but it's certainly watchable now Evans has gone. There's parts of both shows I'm not keen on but having two mainstream car programmes is never a bad thing.

Last edited:
Quite enjoyed series2 of Top Gear, still a few yawn moments like the guest bit is a bit long winded and seems like a time filler to me. Overall the presenters are good although im thinking Mat Le Plonk is getting out of his depth and Chris Harris is settling in to be lead presenter.
Couldn't stand Grand Tour, 3 stooges were even worse now they have extra freedom. Old crude jokes, if that's what you can call them, were poorly thrown in to get a cheap laugh and to be honest I hear enough of that walking down high street without it being piped into my living room. I fast forwarded most of it and didn't even bother with last 2 episodes I think. The scripts were poor and presentation even worse. Half the films were for the 3 stooges and had nothing to do with cars at all so overall I wouldn't compare them as car shows as Grand Tour was more of a bad made, straight to BBC3 internet only, comedy sketch show.