Thanking drivers, your method tells all...

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
The way you thank other drivers tells you much about you. Here are the most common methods of thanking drivers, which one(s) do you do?

What does your thank you method say about you?
  • Nod - Nervous driver to scared to take hands off the wheel.
  • Thumbs up - Younger hot hatch driver who has just taken advantage.
  • Index and first finger raised. - Bit PAPAL this one again typically done by the older driver in a Mercedes who actually owns the road you are on!
  • V Sign (backwards) - Churchill style Victory salute 'cos you won the game of chicken.
  • Both Hands wave - Muppet style thanks - you recognised the other driver and they are oblivious to who you are. (This one is fun to do to see the reaction.)
  • Flash of the lights - All social interaction is shunned by these loners - all their holiday pics are of scenes with no people in them.
  • Full Palm - The older Jaguar and Skoda driver usually does this.
  • Thumb and little finger extended with bend wrist - Gangster tendencies shown usually by a wannabe rapper!
  • Index finger raised - Usually done when other driver has only just managed to realise he has to give way - a token thanks.
  • Smile and wink - flirty drivers do this and usually whilst driving a cabriolet or convertible of some description.

Must admit, I do Nod, Index and first finger, flash of lights (dark), Full palm (I do drive a skoda), and the index finger raise.

A full palm and emphasised thank you lipped. Some see it some don't but I see this as the best thank you!