TCJB's thoughts on ageing

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Came across them so I will share a new one each day.

The biggest lie I tell myself is...... "I don't need to write it down I will remember it"

Well im 70 soon & don't need to write anything down. Your body starts to age long before your mind. I assume you are well into your 90's or have not aged well ;).

Ageing is a neccessary thing -
With age comes wisdom or possibly I really mean that as you get older you get a little bit more responsible and an awful lot less stupid

If I was as mad as I was at 21 with the car I have now there is no way I would have made 30

Well im 70 soon & don't need to write anything down. Your body starts to age long before your mind. I assume you are well into your 90's or have not aged well ;).

o_O:eek::confused: don't know weather to laugh or cry at your post as am only 76 years young :lol:so maybe tomorrows post will say it for me especially if you are taking the p**s

You two old fogies may have a few years on me, but I can relate to the saying. Yesterday I went to see my welder to discuss what thickness of aluminium I can make my radiator shroud out of. We discussed many things but I clean forgot to ask that question!

I have a whiteboard in the garage specifically for small jobs that can be easily forgotten, nuts still to be tightened being the main items on it.

I can ignore the aches and pains but the real pain is having to wear glasses for close up work. My long sight is still brilliant but I can't focus close up unless it is very bright.

Getting old isn't for the faint hearted but it sure as hell beats the alternative :)

My next one is ......... I don't need anger management people just need to stop pi**ing me off.

Andy the man thing is that you remembered that you wanted something in the room so start worrying when you can't find the room ;)

Last edited:
knowing you are looking fo a room is indeed a positive thing.

The real problem is when you are looking for something but you can't remeber what it is .
You just hope when you see it you will remember that is what you were looking for.

Or I am working on the bench, put a tool down and 10 seconds later can't find the bloody thing!

My next one is ......... I don't need anger management people just need to stop pi**ing me off.
Yep. Having lot of trouble with "how cheap can you install this?"
I getting to the point of saying "well you can have it done cheap or done correctly":mad:

Or I am working on the bench, put a tool down and 10 seconds later can't find the bloody thing!

Always doing that. How is it I nearly always find I was sitting on them :confused:

When I was younger (much younger) I swore I would never be like some of the old fogies I had to work with - bless em! ;)

But I find myself saying things like "Back in my day" a lot now or when dealing with a particular idiot I have taken a disliking too "I've forgotten more than you'll ever know clown" :rolleyes:

Her indoors reckons I am getting worse as I get older, she even called me a Victor Meldrew wannabe the other day o_O......:lol:

At the end of the day do I care? Hell no! Does it really matter how forgetful or silly you get as you get older - NO!
As long as you can still enjoy your life and have a good chuckle every now and then, then all is well with the world :D

I think there has been a missunderstanding/lost in translation moment here. The way I see it is that Rod misread TCJ's post, thinking he was talking about himself rather than a quote he saw and I read Rod's reply in the lighthearted way I am sure it was meant to read.

Please correct me if I am wrong as I am a mere 62 so still in short trousers compared to you couple of old reprobates :)

Guys I started this tread with tongue firmly in cheek and it wasn't meant to get heavy/hot/agro

Now please don't get all hot under the collar over my next one:)

My people skills are just fine
It's my tolerance of idiots that needs work :rofl:

JUST REMEMBER THIS IS NOT AIMED AT ANYONE

Last edited: