TCJB's first event in 2017

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
It' called the Oakey Street Sprints and it is held over 2 days next weekend on closed roads in the towns industrial estate that is an approximately 2 hour drive from home.

I will load the car on the trailer and all my survival gear for camping in the pit area on Thursday ready for an early start on Friday morning.

It is 2 laps of a rectangular course that has a number of chicanes and has quite a bit of concrete barriers in some areas.

Timing is by a sensor on each car and there can be 2/3 cars on the course at any one time at the starters discretion.

Thanks Os but I fear my trophy winning days have gone along with my razor sharp reflexes from younger times so I probably brake a little sooner and take corners a little slower so I compete for enjoyment as well as catch up with friends that I only see at events.

Just checked the weather forecast and showers tomorrow with the possibility of intermittent light showers Saturday & Sunday.

Was undecided as to leave the new Federal 595RS-RR's on as i thought that they would be the better choice if rain was predicted but decided to fit the Nitto NT01's that I had treated with Octopus grip tyre softener so fingers xxx and hope they are the right choice.

The car is on the trailer and the tow car is loaded with all life's necessities for camping in the pit area ready for an early start tomorrow.

PS it will be interesting to find out what difference the new thicker adj rear bar performs when pushed as the car seems to turn in better at legal speeds on the road.

Last edited:
I hope you have a fantastic time Rad ;) Not sure about the length of the name of those tyres, by the time I have read it out the race would be over :lol:

Last edited:
As it turned out I made the right choice as it was lightly spitting all the way to Oakey on Friday and woke up to what turned out to be a fine Saturday morning with the sun coming out a few hours later.

My car was in the street car category that was a mixed bag of different capacity and powered cars for example the car in front on the results is a Falcon GT with a 5.7 litre 800 hp Nascar motor and the one after is powered by a supercharged 3.8 litre V6 which made it the largest capacity when one adds the forced induction multiplication of 1.7.

I had one minor moment :eek: when braking for T1 for the 2nd lap which turned out to be my best time on day 1.

Day 2 was also fine and sunny and on the last run of the day I caught a NA powered BMW on the last lap and was given a rerun.

Had a good trip home and looking forward to the next event on June 10/11.

PS I am car 72

https://www.facebook.com/search/177282076843/stories-by?esd=eyJlc2lkIjoiUzpfSTE3NzI4MjA3Njg0MzpWSzoxMDE1NTUzNTA2OTgxNjg0NCIsInBzaWQiOlsiVXpwZlNURTNOekk0TWpBM05qZzBNenBXU3pveE1ERTFOVFV6TlRBMk9UZ3hOamcwTkE9PSIsIlV6cGZTVEUzTnpJNE1qQTNOamcwTXpveE1ERTFOVFV6TlRBMk9EWXlNVGcwTkE9PSIsIlV6cGZTVEUzTnpJNE1qQTNOamcwTXpveE1ERTFOVFV6TWpRMk1URTNOamcwTkE9PSIsIlV6cGZTVEUzTnpJNE1qQTNOamcwTXpveE1ERTFOVFV6TWpNNE56TTBOamcwTkE9PSJdLCJjcmN0IjoibWVkaWEiLCJjc2lkIjpudWxsfQ==

Thanks Os |B

This event is mainly a power track more than a handling track and am more than pleased with my result

First place was a 1 series BMW with a twin turbo 3 litre motor driven by a very committed driver and it's blisteringly fast .He was in the top 10 shootout as well.