TCJB's 2nd event June 2017

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
It is called The Wondai Street sprints and they had their first event last year and it is held on resurfaced closed roads in the towns industrial estate and it is a more interesting track than the one at Oakey where I raced a few weeks ago.
I am in a class that has 16 drivers in verious makes including 1 Supra,1 Megane,1 Mini Cooper Turbo,3 BMW's,4 Skylines plus a few Fords.

Last year I managed a 5th in class and 30th outright so hoping to do the same or better this year although there are app 30 more entries this year.
Here is a pic of the track which is an app 3 hour drive from home :)

My best time last year was a 67.64 so that is the time that I am hoping to better this year.

http://www.sbmotorsinmotion.com/images/Layout.pdf

Last edited:
Forgot to add that last year the hay bale barriers around sections of the track made some corners a bit blind and that may have curbed my enthusiasm a little.;)

The weather forecast say that we may get a few Light showers over the weekend so hopefully the weather man is wrong again.
Just finished loading the car onto the trailer and finishes packing all the camping gear in the back of the 4x4 tor car ready for a 7ish early getaway in the morning.
Was an enjoyable event last year and looking forward to an even better one this weekend:)

PS the weather man says we only remember all the times when he is wrong and not all the times when he is right.

Thanks Os |B
I had an uneventful trip both ways with a good dry track on both days but there were a couple of crashes where 1 car got it wrong and ended up thru a open gate and crashed into an industrial shed where someone was living knocking out the power and the bathroom :eek:.The owners were taken to a motel while the damage is going to be repaired and the race governing body CAMS insurance will be footing the bill.

I had a minor oppsie on the untimed run at the start of the day at a chicane but so far this year it seems that I get my fastest time on the last run on Sunday which was almost 2 seconds better than last year.

This is a pic from last year showing 1 of the very tight chicanes.

https://www.facebook.com/8411231360...1123136001770/994914083956007/?type=3&theater

Os it has a few bits that need your regular touch up guru's attention so don't look too closely ;)

Most cars have little bits that need attention. You can't keep a car in perfect condition easily - second law of thermodynamics I believe kicks in here.