sporty executive??

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
which represents the best value for money crossed with driver satisfaction. Jaguar X type 2.5 4x4. Mondeo V6 . MG ZT 190 or Volvo S60 turbo

MGZT aint bad brother in law had one for a while. cant comment on the drive but was nice as a passenger.
think i would edge towards the s60 T5
didnt know the jag was 4x4?

The Jag is IMHO the car that offers the best value for money. It is probably the worst depreciating car of the lot and is a cheap way to buy some pretty exclusive metal.

The MGZT190 is a close contender but for the fact is was produced by Rover!:toung:

But driver satistfaction isn't always down to speed. I was thinking of Astons age and need to take it easy and find a comfortable seating position! :lol: (I'll get it for that I'm sure!)

Skoda Superb 1.9 TDi.

Hey, it beat the BMW 7 series, Audi A8 *and* the Bentley Continental in a road test :D

Another to throw in there, and one people don't know about...

Loving my Passat R36. As a delivery mileage car I paid £25k - but the £36'800 list price is hard to stomach I must admit.

MGZT aint bad brother in law had one for a while. cant comment on the drive but was nice as a passenger.
think i would edge towards the s60 T5
didnt know the jag was 4x4?

Only the 2.5 was 4x4 and then it may only have been the estate car. i'll need to check out the prices of the three, wanted a st220 but they are still expensive so I guess the v6 jag is the nearest bet to a mondeo v6

Another to throw in there, and one people don't know about...

Loving my Passat R36. As a delivery mileage car I paid £25k - but the £36'800 list price is hard to stomach I must admit.

Circa £37k is a bargain for what's on offer in the R36 in my opinion. At the price you paid it has to be argued that you have possibly one of the best deals on the planet.

At the moment I can't afford one new, imported, pre-registered, or used. But it's got to be value for money given the specification and performance.

It's likely to be a sound medium-long term choice as well - VW's larger models have always proved to be sensible and enjoyable investments.

VW's small cars don't impress me much but the larger machines (such as yours) give exceptionally good accounts of themselves.

The R36 is beautifully put together; you made a brilliant decision in your choice of car.

I think you got yourself a bargain. Canny buying can reap massive rewards.

Maybe that's not what you want to hear.

Please don't engineer this thread to be a wallet, wad and metaphoric willy waving contest. :-(

Last edited: