Suggest a sporty wagon/estate/avant

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
Looking for something for work and I'm thinking perhaps I should just get a sporty estate car or wagon or similar?

Any suggestions on good reliable cars that perform well. Running costs are not really an issue as it will be tax deductible as mostly for business use.

I see a lot of clients and carry electrical tools/equipment and orders with me so need more space than a hatchback would give me.

A Volvo Polestar? A4 Avant Quattro? VW Passat R? Nissan Stagea if you need something really big!

What sort of age and budget were you thinking of?

Get a stagea ....d amazing value for money especially if mpg is irrellevant and you can stageas far sillier than that if you are daft enough :D

So does that mean we are probably talking the second hand value again on top for the power gain Brian?

its a 6.3 v8 so power isnt a problem but the cost might be. i expect the motor will take it but
the merc has crazy torque already so it must be a really silly number if the bhp is that higher level.
And silly torque and gearboxes are not always best friends

The Stagea must be one of the easiest cars to hit silly power figures for a reasonable budget?

I thought you might be suggesting the Stagea @SLEEPER I'm glad you didn't disappoint me.

What about an Audi RS6 Avant? Lots of power and fun and massive boot - the trouble is they cost a fortune to buy.

Ah yes, the VR4 - pretty much an Evo in a larger body. How did I forget about that little gem.

Now there's a good off the wall suggestion. How rare are these though? I've never seen one for sale.