Screw in my tyre!

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Just before we went away for the weekend there was a screw in my tyre. Unfortunately due to time constraints I had no time to change to the spare. The pressure seemed to be holding and it looks like I got away with it so I'll get it sorted and hopefully repaired.

The funny thing is it was probably there for weeks, but when I noticed it I became worried. Looking at the wear on the screw head it has covered a fair bit of mileage and I was worrying about putting another 200 on it.

Should I pull it out and see if the tyre deflates and then put on the spare or should I just drive it as it is to the tyre place and get it sorted?

(Call me cynical but I reckon the local tyre place goes round throwing screws and nails in the road to drum up business!)

Well, you aren't loosing any air but then again you don't know the size of it so it could be scraching the inside of your rim badly (though I don't think people would see that with the tire on). It doesn't seem to be doing anything ratical to your tire since you haven't noticed it but if it wears too much there is a possibility of it's head wearing out which makes it harder to take out

It right in the middle third. It is already on a rear and it is the same rear I got a screw in before.

In the last 8 months I have had 3 damaged tyres (1 replacement tyre and 2 repairs) so I'm looking for some magnets and string to dangle in front of the tyres to protect them :eek: