sat nav dinged my alloys

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Blinking sat nav sent me the wrong way into a garage today and I ended up dinging my alloys on the left hand side on a protruding kerb! Not happy! Tread also took a beating but thankfully nothing too major.

Hmmm. If a satnav directed you up a oneway street the wrong way would you read the road signs or blindly follow it. Would you drive off a cliff or through a river?

No sympathy so ner. (;->

Oh dear, sat nav, makes us drive blind! :toung:

I only use it as a point of reference and use good old fashioned eyesight to home in the last few metres. :blink1: I have seen too many sat nav errors to not trust them anymore when getting close.

It is annoying when you do kerb an alloy, no matter how hard we try not to.

Was this guy following you Waynne? :blink:

32a04b5a.jpg

6431b298.jpg

I've just seen this car when I went to the vets, I think he must of clipped the curb of the road junction nearby at some lick to do that! Maybe the satnav told him to take it at full speed. :lol:

If you were looking for symapthy, Waynne, me thinks you came to the wrong place :)

:lol:
There's a saying at work that the only place you'll find sympathy is in the dictionary in between ship & syphilis. :amuse:

Lightly edited quote so as not to offend too much! XD

Thanks for the commiserations!

The petrol station is on a complex one way system. The sat nav took me to the exit, which wasn't marked exit only and the blinking curb was designed to get anyone attempting a left turn.

Before I could see all this, I was committed as there were cars around me and overtaking me!