Resurrecting the Motorhome

Although it is now legal and working, no self respecting rice pudding will be scared by the power.

The engine is a 5 cylinder, 3 litre non turbo diesel. Book power is around 88bhp. However, it feels very sluggish but this is my first diesel so have nothing to compare.

Apart from changing oil, filters and putting an injecter cleaner in the tank, is there anything else I can do? It is too old to remap. Does diesel go off like petrol? I filled the tank up just before it was laid up 5 years ago.

it is probably worh changing the diesel and flushing the injectors but it is an old diesel so I doubt it was ever frisky even when new and of course its built for comfort not speed.

And although diesels go on forever I suspect they get a little tired.

Might be worth putting the stats into your standing 1/4 calculater first (standing is probably the right word) you might be surprised just how slow it is supposed to be.

Might be worth putting the stats into your standing 1/4 calculater first (standing is probably the right word) you might be surprised just how slow it is supposed to be.

That's a good idea, I will do that tonight :)