Regular car checks, how often

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How regularly do you perform checks on your cars tyre pressures, oil levels and fluid levels?

Are there any other checks that you perform as well as the usual car checks listed above?

Once a month really. I know I should probably check things more often but I'm just too busy!

IMO too many rely on the "idiot "lights before they get the reason for them showing before they either check it themselves or take it to a mechanic.

See cars with obviously low tyre pressures and it seems that some have absolutely no feel for how their car drives/responds .

I check fluids once a month if not sooner and tyre pressures fortnightly unless I feel something not quite right. Washer levels get topped up when I get the warning come up as there is plenty in reserve. I do weekly checks on the lights and wheel nuts.

Once a month, unless I notice something, then im like a dog with a bone !!! check the issue every time I go out in it until satisfied it is solved.

I do dip engine oil every 500 miles or so in the Passat - given everything else in this car has packed up I have no reason to trust the oil level indicator either.

Nor the bulb failure warning which simply denotes a failed bulb. The BMW told you me exactly which one!!
I can confirm that the screenwash tank warning works, except that it tells me to replenish wash fluid all the time.

Useless car.