Rear Shelf 6x9

I2EBORN

Car
Fiat Punto
Hey guys.

Im running a set of fusion reactor 6x9s on the rear shelf and they are great speakers. Only problem is that these shelves are basically made of some sort of cardboardy fibre like material which is really quite bendy. So looking to either make it stronger somehow? or buy a new one made of MDF or something.

I seen these things called stealth shelves. I get the impression that they are like the rear shelves in your car but are stronger allowing better sound and also hide your speakers. Not really sure if these are what i want as I have full limo tint in the back and rear side windows so no theif can see in and i would prefer to be able to see my speakers.

Any ideas?

steath shelfs, i think if i remember, just have a fabric that goes over the holes after youve fitted the speakers, then the carpet goes over them so you could leave them uncoverd

Why not buy a sheet of MDF cut it to the size of your parcel shelf then use the mounting brackets off your original shelf. Real cheap and simple mod to do. Then you either cover it in fabric or spray it.

I agree with turbonutter that would be the simplest thing to do, orif your are handy with metal you could get a sheet of .040 or .050 aluminum and save some weight just be sure to line your speaker holes with dyna-mat or fat-mat before installing the speakers

used a piece of 19 mm ply screwed down, with the speakers into it in my sisters car and they rocked! You need some weight for the speaker cones to work against for best effect...

Why not buy a sheet of MDF cut it to the size of your parcel shelf then use the mounting brackets off your original shelf. Real cheap and simple mod to do. Then you either cover it in fabric or spray it.
this is the easiest done this orinally ages ago, only thing is you end up with a flat parcel shelf unless your good with a router.

if you spray it make sure you seal the wood in 1st otherwise the paint will jus soak throuh