Preparing your car for Winter

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Well summer is apparently over? What it's only mid August? Hopefully they are wrong but it is probably time to get the car ready for Winter.

What should be on the checklist for winter then?

Antifreeze is the obvious one, I guess we could be in for a really cold snap this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Perparing your car for Winter

i have a new winch for this winter on the landrover
new straps

am ready for the snow bring it on lol

oh not yet still in shorts need to get changed first lol

Must get some wheels with winter tyres.

Everything else should be just standard checks.

Still got my 19"s in the garage that originally came on my Range Rover Sport (which is now running 20's). Plan to get some decent winter tyres for them, and swap over once it starts looking like the winters really set in. As good as the terrain response is, it doesn't make up for summer tyres when it comes to braking on ice.

is that covered by warranty or are you paying fot that ? bet they aint cheap ?

Car is a 2006 build, so defiantly not warranty. No idea where I stand with the 'windscreen cover' on my insurance policy as technically its a windscreen fault that cannot be repaired.

Change my wind screen wash from 1/5 (screen wash/water) to 3/5. Get some more of them Silka Gell packets (to put under the seats to stop moisture), change the bottle of water in my boot to a bottle of ani freeze.

Im thinking of buying a cover, not sure tho, dont know if I would use it.

got my trustee not working credit card for scraping them windows !!!!

might treat myself to a proper ice scraper this year though ! what they look like ?????? lmao ;)

Like this I think:

images