Torque Cars

Do you keep a winter survival pack in your car

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by obi_waynne, 10 February 2019 at 16:11.

1. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    When winter comes and the snow and ice comes down do you tend to carry a survival pack in your car?

I will carry some food and water, a blanket, hand warmers and a shovel but I must admit I haven't put them in the car yet.

2. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Wot no hot Toddies to warm the inner man :lol:

obi_waynne likes this.
  3. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney The Torque Meister

Poole, UK
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    I carry deicer, a scraper and that's it.
    I suspect if I were planning a long journey and thought the weather might turn I'd pack other stuff.

obi_waynne likes this.
  4. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    I would guess that if one was or should have been aware that the weather could turn nasty it would be foolhardy not to carry a basic survival kit that included warning triangles,tow rope,torch,chains and a mobile phone in addition to Obi's survival pack.

If you live in an area that is prone to have icy /snow covered roads then common sense suggests that summer tyres should be replaced with winter tyres

IMO "plan for the worst and hope for the best"|B

Last edited: 11 February 2019 at 20:31
  5. Lunchmoney

Poole, UK
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    Just remembered I have 2 hi-viz vests and a triangle in the car from when I drove in Europe and I've never taken them out of the car :)

6. Eddie208

Eddie208 Tuner

Bedford, England
    Car:
    Peugeot 208 Style
    I just carry a massive box with anything to do with repairs and maintenance, even med kits and stuff, never had to use it, seems like more of an apocalypse survival pack at this point ^^

7. Lunchmoney

Poole, UK
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    There's a fine line between carrying enough stuff to see you through an unexpected event and carrying too much extra weight.
    A few KGs of stuff in the boot and I really notice the difference! :D

Eddie208 likes this.
  8. Eddie208

Eddie208 Tuner

Bedford, England
    Car:
    Peugeot 208 Style
    Yup, I definitely need to throw some crap out then, I even have a Litre of water in case I run out of drinks for whatever reason haha

obi_waynne likes this.
  9. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    You just need to add another 100bhp for each additional kg of weight you carry.

10. Lunchmoney

Poole, UK
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    It's the drop in MPG I notice more :D:rofl: