Do you keep a winter survival pack in your car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When winter comes and the snow and ice comes down do you tend to carry a survival pack in your car?

I will carry some food and water, a blanket, hand warmers and a shovel but I must admit I haven't put them in the car yet.

I carry deicer, a scraper and that's it.
I suspect if I were planning a long journey and thought the weather might turn I'd pack other stuff.

I would guess that if one was or should have been aware that the weather could turn nasty it would be foolhardy not to carry a basic survival kit that included warning triangles,tow rope,torch,chains and a mobile phone in addition to Obi's survival pack.

If you live in an area that is prone to have icy /snow covered roads then common sense suggests that summer tyres should be replaced with winter tyres

IMO "plan for the worst and hope for the best"|B

Last edited:
Just remembered I have 2 hi-viz vests and a triangle in the car from when I drove in Europe and I've never taken them out of the car :)

I just carry a massive box with anything to do with repairs and maintenance, even med kits and stuff, never had to use it, seems like more of an apocalypse survival pack at this point ^^

There's a fine line between carrying enough stuff to see you through an unexpected event and carrying too much extra weight.
A few KGs of stuff in the boot and I really notice the difference! :D

There's a fine line between carrying enough stuff to see you through an unexpected event and carrying too much extra weight.

Yup, I definitely need to throw some crap out then, I even have a Litre of water in case I run out of drinks for whatever reason haha

You just need to add another 100bhp for each additional kg of weight you carry.