Torque Cars

poorly mk1 punto turbo

Discussion in 'Fiat' started by puntogt, 15 September 2012.

1. puntogt

puntogt Newbie

uk huddersfield
    Car:
    punto s 60 / gt
    hi there new to all this so here i go ......

i have a mk1 punto 60 / gt conversion what i have done and now my turbo has started to blow smoke :(, it has got on a turbo technics stage 1 and every where i ring for a quote to rebuild it round where i live wants from £200 - £500 :amazed: I don't reli want to go back to a ihi again which i have lost in shed does any know a turbo rebuild place what is cheaper that what ive been quoted or and similer size turbo's that would fit my car ?

thanks ben

2. BluntyR5GTT

BluntyR5GTT Guest

stoke on trent
    Car:
    R5 GT Turbo
    im afraid thats the going rate for turbo rebuilds mate, i know i can get them done for £250 with 270 bearing or £295 with 360 bearing and as far as im aware thats around the lowest prices.

3. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Greetings puntogt and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
    Good to have you along with us :)

4. davalav

davalav Moderator

Essex, England
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S R56

Welcome! I think if you want it done properly you'll be looking at them prices I am afraid. Have you tried selling the old engine? May help fund the turbo rebuild.

5. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Hello and Welcome to TorqueCars.:bigsmile:
    Hope you enjoy your time with us.