Performance car Insurance bargains.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What performance cars out there are bargains when it comes to getting insurance?

There are plenty of oddities out there and I just wondered if you'd spotted any of them.

Rover 220 GSi - 3 groups lower than the GTi and has the same engine and gearbox!
There are quite a few low priced insurance high performance diesel engines around too.;)

What about classics and yanks? Anyone got any pointers when it comes to these?

The Mk 2 VW Golf Driver vs the VW Golf GTI.

I know you get more 'sporty' stuff on the GTI, but the Driver is a bit of a sleeper. Bit like the Mk3 Fiesta 1.6S vs the XR2i (1.6 litre version), although of course I could never condone Mk3 Fiesta ownership. One of my chums refered to it as the 'Unisex' model.

well i am paying 500 quid for my 87 trans am it is a 5.7 v8 all standard parked on the road 12000miles a year no alarm was only 24 with 6 years ncb but they dont really count it plus the pontiac ownwer club discount oh and f/c

for my new one i have been quoted 520 f/c with 6 years ncb on the road ect but as its not on the road yet its not insured but will be ringing around next week to see if i can get it any cheaper plus i will say about all the mods on it just incase i smashed it and will insurce it for 12k as thats what i would sell it for