Perfect weather for a drive

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Well today the weather was fantastic. Temperature was up to 17c and I went for a drive along the coast road to Rye.

WOW. I forgot how much fun driving was. It's amazing how much difference the weather and an empty road makes.

I had two pleasant drives yesterday. The first going to Mallory park in the morning and then coming back at around six in the evening. Both times there was hardly any traffic on the M1 which I was very suprised about.

I went for a drive along the coast road to Rye.
quote]

I think I know the road you mean, bit of a drive from here to there though!

I used to enjoy days out and holidays around Bodiam, Hastings, Rye and Camber Sands.

Where I live now the country roads are a bit too country if you know what I mean, but I'm about 2 mins drive from lots of A roads so I need to get a more powerful car in time for the height of summer.

I was gutted a couple of Aprils ago when my AW11 had survived the winter and then broke down on Rayleigh high street on a lovely day for a drive. The only consolations was that I was opposite the pub, and that I was on my way too the petrol station, and not from it!

Rye, what a lovely place that is, we have a plot of land on the Martello estate down the harbour road. Spent many weeks in and around Hastings with the kids when they were younger. Travelled along to Dymchurch, Lydd and of course Camber Sands. Winchelsea is a smashing place.

Makes me want to drive down there now!

Rye is a fantastic little town. We stayed there for a few days in January 2004 and it was truly idyllic. There are parts of this country that are unknown treasures.

So many jet set off abroad without any knowledge of what's available within the confines and Great Britain and Scotland. It's just a shame that England and Wales both seem to be subject to a certain Mr Brown who knows no boundaries politically.

So many jet set off abroad without any knowledge of what's available within the confines and Great Britain and Scotland. It's just a shame that England and Wales both seem to be subject to a certain Mr Brown who knows no boundaries politically.

i completely agree and for the last few years me the wife and the dog have been going to bude for a week or 2 break and we love it down there especially when the sun decides to show its self

but the main reason we still go abroad aswell is cause you are almost guaranteed the sun in the rest of europe