Paying for car tax on-line is awesome!

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
Ok, car tax sucks. But doing it on-line is so much better than having to trudge down to the post & then realising you've forgotten the MOT form! :lol:

It's literately took about a minute to do.

...& yes, I know I've left it late, I forgot! :embarrest: At least it's all official digitally so hopefully the ANPR will keep quiet, I 'll just have to keep a copy of the confirmation email in the car until the disc arrives in the post! :lol:

Aye, we always do it online these days. Tax disc always comes in a couple of days. It's a miracle though, a government service that seems to work.

I did mine over the phone last year, it takes a bit of punching in numbers but was relatively pain free. Online is the way to go! Standing in line at the post office was a total waste of time.

Ok, car tax sucks. But doing it on-line is so much better than having to trudge down to the post & then realising you've forgotten the MOT form! :lol:

...& yes, I know I've left it late, I forgot! :embarrest: At least it's all official digitally so hopefully the ANPR will keep quiet, I 'll just have to keep a copy of the confirmation email in the car until the disc arrives in the post! :lol:

:confused: You guy's have to do it that way??? Here in Swe we just get a bill, pay and be done with it :bigsmile:

paying online is great unless they lose it.

Loz you get 5 days grace when you do it online ;)

You may get 5 days grace but you can still be prosecuted regardless of whether you have the confirmation email or not.;)

Loz you get 5 days grace when you do it online ;)

DVLA site states:

When you apply for a tax disc online or by using our phone service you are able to legally continue to drive your vehicle for up to 5 days after the tax disc has expired while you wait for the new tax disc to arrive. This will only apply when you have applied for a new tax disc before the current one expires. You should continue to display the expired disc on your vehicle, until the new one arrives.

It's awsome until it puts yet another nail in the coffin of our local Sub Post Offices.

In rural areas many people, in particular the elderly, depend upon small convenience shops such as these.

Without the Post Office income most of these shops would not survive, as has already been demonstrated.

It's awsome until it puts yet another nail in the coffin of our local Sub Post Offices.

In rural areas many people, in particular the elderly, depend upon small convenience shops such as these.

Without the Post Office income most of these shops would not survive, as has already been demonstrated.

Agreed totally, but unfortunately my business life is such that the online service for me is great! My car tax is due on the 31st of December and I have never been let down by delivery, despite the christmas post.

:confused: You guy's have to do it that way??? Here in Sweden we just get a bill, pay and be done with it :bigsmile:

Yeah, it's paid for advance & displayed in the car windscreen. Any car without tax is fined or towed away.

It's a thought I arrived at after I made the thread but to be fair, the small local post offices around here haven't done car tax for years, there's one a mile from me & the next one is the main office in town.

Just wait until you can buy stamps by text then the small post offices will be in trouble.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12703744

you can get a ticket but you will get off with it ;) wife knows this well after hers went missing in the post

Yeah you can if you contest it.
They where sneaky with that offence as it's not the having no tax part that gets you the offence. It's the failure to display a valid ticket that the actual offence is.