Parking Ticket Loophole

Pixel

Road Burner
Car
Ford Fiesta Zetec-S
I drove to Gorseinon today (a town in Swansea) to pick up something from a nearby shop. I parked my car down a one-way street where the parking is for "residents only". I don't live there (obviously) but I still parked there as I wasn't going to be very long. I was around 5-10 minutes and when I returned there was a parking ticket stuck to my window.

Anyway to get out of paying this ticket guys? Any loopholes?

Probably not unless you want to go to court and contest that you weren't there. The wardens often carry digital cameras now, so you'll also have to argue that digital camera evidence is inadmissible (which it generally is) but you're going to have to lie to get the chance to do so.

Personally I'd pay the fine and forget about it.

If you're found to be lying in court you could be up on a charge of perjury, which cost Jeffery Archer four years imprisonment. It's unlikely to go that far, but, don't set a precedent.

aswearing said:
know anyone nearby? you could have been visiting a friend/relative.

That's not really the issue. If a parked car impedes emergency vehicles then there is a problem.

No matter that you're there only two minutes. So were the previous ones, and the next. You're all blocking emergency access.

Contrarily, it's a shame that small shops lose trade due to needless parking restrictions. If we all obey the silly missives of the local council's traffic department we deprive local retailers of trade. That's a sad place to be because it allows Tesco, JS, Morrisons etc to profit from the loss of business to local independent retailers.

Use 'em or lose em.

If you know or befriend someone who has a permit to park there, then they can claim the car was on loan to them while their own car was in the garage, and so they had permission to be parked there.

But again, that's perjury... :wink: