Parking bays widened for bigger cars, says NCP

Definately about time. When 60% of cars are the size of the parking bays you have problems.

It amazes me how a mk1 Golf is smaller than a Mk7 Polo! It shows how cars have grown in size over the years.

London is the Metropolis LM, and this area is responsible for many a ding bang & scratch placed on my baby via NCP's with ridiculously small parking slots. A small man I am not, so when you have to breath in sharply while cradling your door in your hand so that you can slither out of the car without damaging your baby or the car you are parked next too, it's like a ruddy assault course on a Mission Impossible movie. :)

NCP Parking -Wrong!

Canary Wharf Tower Parking - Right!

Just back from Sainsbury's shopping, have a look at this muffin 'Audi Owner Again' parked behind me. They was almost 1.5 metres away from the front line and still needed the next bay for additional parking space .V(......That person needs help and ruddy lots of it too :rolleyes:

No wonder I didn't change my car in my profile when I bought the Audi :)

Same down the beach, us Audi owners seem to stick out a mile.

Audi Belly Button 2.jpg

Thought I would add to this parking conversation.

Near where I work parking is at a premium. There is enough road side parking in the nearby estates, just. But not when people park in such a way as to take up two spaces. Like this chap/chapess who managed to mount the kerb at the same time.
1f51a5.jpg

Even small cars need all the space, it appears.... :)

I amazed they were happy to leave their wheels have mounted like that. Surely it will wreck the tyres?

I'm still seeing very narrow bays being created in new car parks. Some of the layouts are just plain weird with cars angled to fit more in, but don't expect to be able to maneuver out if the exit spaces are occupied by anything larger than a classic mini.