Parking in your town

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the parking like in your town? Is it easy to find a space or are the car parks usually full?

There seems to be more cars than ever on the roads down our way and supermarket car parks are completely packed most days.

A few have had to introduce a one way system around the car park to ease congestion.:(

struggle to park outside my flat most of the time unless its early morning or late at night.
nearest car park is the same, hit it at lunchtime you can get a space but thats it

Parking generally is ok. but in the town centre its silly. the hiugh street has spaces on the left but they fill early. then people double park and park on the right on D/yellows.

Its stupid considering the pay and display carparks are 50p for all day.

50p for all day ?, bargin. Throughout most of somerset it is about 80p for an hour or £6.00 for all day. rip off. (in all cases you ICE will be stolen)

Oh and all the car parks are full, all day, every day, and since with being in the countryside surrounded by derilict factory sites means space isnt exactly at a premium. it seems daft that this should be the case,the council decided that the areas would be better suited to two new supermarkets and yet more housing estate. customer only parking naturally.

parking is bad in town and now i have the landrover lifted it has taken about 90% of car parks out from were i can get under the barrier

and no way i would take the trans am down there so i just dont go down town nothing i need anyway if i do theres ebay

over here in ireland, the counsils of busy towns such as cork, dublin are complaining about the volume of traffic traveling through the heart of the citys
but here is the thing,
when they build city car parks, their built right in the city, so to use them we have to drive through the city,

our goverment should stay of booze period

At least 3 large multi-story car-parks I can think of in Maidstone, plus plenty of car-parks. Sometimes gets a bit busy, but you always find a space without too much bother.

Parking is fine near where I live in the local towns. Plenty of car parks for supermarkets etc and they don;t mind if your not a customer it cost £1 (if you are a customer you claim this back at the till).

Takes an age to get a ticket though as you have to type your reg number into the machine to stop you passing your ticket to someone else and the 'M' button never works!