omega engine swap for v6 diesel ?

i was just wondering if it was possible to fit the 3.0 v6 cdti vectra engine in to an omega. economy rwd and v6 power what more can u want

I expect it's possible but the V6 diesel was not a stunning engine. A 150bhp 1.9 CDTi with a bit of attention in the form of an ECU remap will give you more power, torque and better economy than the V6.

The V6 is an earlier technology diesel engine and is not the smoothest or liveliest of operators despite its V6 configuration.

Celtic tuning will take the 1.9 to 212bhp with well over 300lbft of torque.

Beware though, engine swapping is a big job.

That was my concern as the Omega never hosted a six cylinder diesel after the demise of BMWs 2.5 litre straight six in the 2.5 TDS.

It also never hosted the common rail (JTD engines), which in the case of the 1.9 is a 4 cylinder unit.

Anything is possible but I suspect the costs could rise exponentially to the point that it totally defeats the plans you have to maximise the fuel economy returns.

Omegas are under-rated cars in my opinion. I don't generally like Vauxhalls at all but the Omega was pretty special with it's RWD chassis and embarrassingly good handling.

I suspect that you might be better off investing in a used 530d which already has everything you're looking for.

The Omega 2.5 TDS was 143bhp, which is pathetic by today's standards. It was a smooth motor though.

The 2.2 DTi I think was lower still (125ish)

Neither of these is tuneable via the diagnostic port so you'd have to resort to plug in boxes which, in my opinion, are a bit questionable.

You could try and jam the BMW 2993cc straight six common rail unit in there but it's going to be one hell of a job.

Common rail diesels delivering stupid amounts of torque, making all the earlier style engines feel lifeless in comparison.

My late Peugeot 406 (2.2 HDi) was tuned via the diagnostic port and it put out over 320lbft with over 190bhp as well. It flew.