Nearly hit a dead fox at the weekend.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I was driving along a fast road on Saturday when a dead fox appeared from underneath the 4x4 in front. It was pretty scary cos they can do a fair bit of damage to a car.

It is a reminder to always keep your distance, by the time I'd worked out what it was in the dark damp conditions it was too late to brake without the car behind going into the back of me.

Thankfully I new where the sump and low points under the car were and lined it up so I would skim over it and thankfully it worked. The car behind me wasn't so lucky though:(

well thats what happenes when you dont allow us folk to go kill them all :wink:

yeah youve got to watch out for phesants as well they may be small but they cause more damage than you think.

its the same all the time about the braking and distance off the car in front. i took the wife into work th other day and the gritters hadnt be out on all the roads. gong up 1 hill the traction control wouldnt stop flashing ( in 4th at 30mph ) goig down the other side i heavily slowed right down, feeling the ABS working on the ice ( its my 1st car with abs and i hate it), the car behind me didnt bother to slow down and run right up to my bumper. had i needed to brake heavily theres no way that he would have been able to stop

Last edited: