cars that are nearly perfect from the factory

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
ok im talking cars within the budget of the average working man so no supercars and i would like members to post pics of cars which they believe to be near perfection exterior styling wise from the factory
ill start with a couple
honda integra type-r
Honda_Integra_Type-R_2002.jpg

vw scirocco
vw-scirocco-2009.jpg

:lol: @ Chris !

What about the Murchialago and Reventon then? I cna't disagree with your 2 herb. I've also been quite a fan of the R8 as far as looks go.

I pick this. But not just for styling but for an all rounder. I think it looks cool and has the handling to match. Plus it's the fastest and quickest round a track for the money.
The Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup.
my-new-clio.jpg

Haven't driven one? You sure you have? I nearly bought one, I've driven 2 Glanzas and had a ride in my mates but that was much better with collies (now needs a rebuild, rings just gone :embarrest:). Wobbly-ass chassis and understeer city, inside wheel has muchos trouble gripping coming out of a corner. You obviously haven't driven something that handles well.

Well, the one that I drove was the newer 99 spec Glanza V and it handled like a little Go-Kart ... there must be some evidence, otherwise others wouldn't be saying it to :)

i like this one it will always be top in my books

nice flowing lines and was way ahead of its time

plenty of power for the money

and a very simplistic yet stylish interior

1990 to 1996 Nissan 300ZX (Fairlady Z)

Haven't driven one? You sure you have? I nearly bought one, I've driven 2 Glanzas and had a ride in my mates but that was much better with collies (now needs a rebuild, rings just gone :embarrest:). Wobbly-ass chassis and understeer city, inside wheel has muchos trouble gripping coming out of a corner. You obviously haven't driven something that handles well.

Your the first person ive heard to say they handle poorly, i know two people with gt turbos not glanzas and they both love them to bits.

Driven one of them as hes a very close mate and there is not much body roll at all and his is bog standard. Loads of grip when chucking them into corners as well.

Imo there just a very good little car for the engine size and money.

Well I've only driven Glanzas so maybe the GT-Turbos are better. Not an overwhelming amount of body roll yes but cornering ability isn't just measured on body roll unfortunately. I'm not the first person to have said it by a long shot I can assure you. My mate agrees that his has far from good handling even with the coilovers. Owners of them are a lot more likely to be biased, but a true driver can accept the faults of his or her car.

Also, if you think they have such good handling what the hell are you comparing them too? And what do you think of the handling of a DC2 Teg then? You must think they are being pulled around the roads by God mate! lol.

I can't deny that they are very very good little car for the engine size and money, and the scope for tuning is massive. I love them. That's not the same thing as perfect or "nearly perfect" though is it?

I pick this. But not just for styling but for an all rounder. I think it looks cool and has the handling to match. Plus it's the fastest and quickest round a track for the money.
The Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup.

I know it's not a styling thing, but you mentioned handling. Doesn't the Clio have that unfortunate habit of cocking its leg up as it goes round corners, leaving you on 3 wheels?

The lifting inside rear whell is not noticeable from the driving seat - only from a following perspective. It is, and TN is utterly correct, as result of phenomenal front end grip.

This is one feature of lots of Renaults over the years, ie they have sensational grip. Even the older ones with the roly-poly handling used to cling on superbly.

This is one feature of lots of Renaults over the years, ie they have sensational grip. Even the older ones with the roly-poly handling used to cling on superbly.

But the Renault Sport Clio 182 is honestly in a league of it's own. If anyone hasn't driven one then they must sometime as they are truely awesome little cars. I don't personally like Clio's but the 182 is in a league of it's own.

Well I've only driven Glanzas so maybe the GT-Turbos are better. Not an overwhelming amount of body roll yes but cornering ability isn't just measured on body roll unfortunately. I'm not the first person to have said it by a long shot I can assure you. My mate agrees that his has far from good handling even with the coilovers. Owners of them are a lot more likely to be biased, but a true driver can accept the faults of his or her car.

Also, if you think they have such good handling what the hell are you comparing them too? And what do you think of the handling of a DC2 Teg then? You must think they are being pulled around the roads by God mate! lol.

I can't deny that they are very very good little car for the engine size and money, and the scope for tuning is massive. I love them. That's not the same thing as perfect or "nearly perfect" though is it?

I never said they had ''Such good handling'' i was just saying there nowhere near as bad as you make them out to be handling wise and nor did i say that steering ability is based on body roll alone but you were the one who said they had a wobbly ass chassis.

Anyway im not trying to argue with you mate and i know there far from perfect then again not alot of cars arewhich is why we make them better :cheesy:. Maybe you didnt read the first post properly as he said cars that are perfect from the factory looks wise not performance wise which is just a matter of personal opinoin and too me these cars look lush ;).

I know it's not a styling thing, but you mentioned handling. Doesn't the Clio have that unfortunate habit of cocking its leg up as it goes round corners, leaving you on 3 wheels?

It's called dog-legging and things like Integras and yes the Renaultsport Clios are notorious for it. Usually the result of strong front-end grip (as said) and (perhaps more so) an incredibly stiff chassis.

Miniman! I didn't read the blinkin thread properly lol :embarrest:. Performance on the mind 24/7 you know ;) My apologies for turning a perfectly healthy styling thread into a performance debate. I'm such a dime bar.

Alfa Brera...WOW!

ahhh cheers for the info guys, I've never actually driven one, just saw them all cocking there legs and ignorantly thought 'well that can't be good'. My mistake

as for the question:

Ford Mustang Shelby 500
Bugati Veyron
Astin Martin DB9

But the Renault Sport Clio 182 is honestly in a league of it's own. If anyone hasn't driven one then they must sometime as they are truely awesome little cars. I don't personally like Clio's but the 182 is in a league of it's own.

Mid 1980's Golf GTi models were like this. The days when a Golf GTi was worth driving. Light and furious. And better built than any Ford XR model.

Renault has always had a thing for lateral grip. The sporty Clios are superb.

One car that will surprise all is the Nissan Micra (03 onward). Even the modest 1.2 petrols have astonishing grip and braking. So good that even the much more lively 1.5 dCi ones are no better. They're like oversize go-karts.

Shame I can't fit all I need to cart around within one. If I could, I'd 'ave one.

Mid 1980's Golf GTi models were like this. The days when a Golf GTi was worth driving. Light and furious. And better built than any Ford XR model.

Renault has always had a thing for lateral grip. The sporty Clios are superb.

One car that will surprise all is the Nissan Micra (03 onward). Even the modest 1.2 petrols have astonishing grip and braking. So good that even the much more lively 1.5 dCi ones are no better. They're like oversize go-karts.

Shame I can't fit all I need to cart around within one. If I could, I'd 'ave one.

I had a courtesy car the other week and it handled brilliantly. I personally dispise the cars but it was really great fun to drive and it was Ford's Ka.