my 1991 Renault 5 GT Turbo

hi people thought id post a few pics of my r5 gt turbo i bought this car for 1k and what a bargain it is :D

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00006-1.jpg

Image0155.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Image0156.jpg

^^^ :lol: Not to worry buddy, I have bought 5 lucky dips for the big Euro tomorrow night, if it comes up I will look after you :bigsmile:

how good would it be to win that euro, even if there was 12 winners you would still get 12million each, think i could retire on that haha.

back on track painter texted me at 5.30 saying car is now painted

he is cracking on now thats for sure

ill hopefully be able head up to painters around 10ish today as im off work but have got to do rear brake cylinder and clutch arm on my van, also want to wax oil the sills while its in the air.

well i went around painters tonight, car is 99% done, just gotta buff it up and fit a couple of bits.
then ill hopefully be able have it trailored up to my mate at gt motorsport so we can fit side decals and all other remaining bits, eg side skirts etc

i didnt get any pics as i left my other phone at home, but i have had my camera back so will be transferring all the pics off there tonight, just had a quick browse they have took some good uns although only 1 has been taken off the finished product, dont worry though ill be sure to take plenty at weekend

Finally after all these months you are almost there, congrats buddy I am really looking forward to those photos :D

thanks alot fella its been a very long and expensive road, just glad iv had most my work done at mates rates.

still have people saying i was mad to fix it as it was that bad

spoke to my mate who owns gt motorsport last night and i cant send my car up there until monday now as there is no room in the garage to store it until then .
so im going up pay the painter up today and then do any bits that i can up there for an hour or 2.

Looking bloody lovely fella.

thanks alot mate :D

+1 :bigsmile:

cheers fella :D

Looks so clean, you could eat your dinner off of it! :lol:

this is true my lady couldnt believe how it looked, in her words it was like glass

Holy smokes, that looks stunning mate, looks like a brand new car, love the colour.

exactly my thoughts, no matter how much i detailed the car it never even looked 50% as good as it does now, thanks mate :D

went round to my mate at gt motorsport on way from work, my car is going up there first thing in the morning, decals being fitted thursday, then odds and sods, get it taken for mot and tax it. Ill be giving it a good coat of waxoyl on saturday morning as well.

the inside still needs some work, eg another good clean and another couple of coats of red dye to the seats, these are things that can be done at home so no probs

decals being fitted tomorrow, then it just needs side skirts fitting and it can go for m.o.t which it should pass easily so ill be able tax it on saturday.
also going to waxoyl it on saturday morning and refit my flocked door cards, give it a good clean inside then its ready to rock (i hope)

Any updates with regards to the decals yet :blink:

Also make sure you post on here the instant you have your MOT certificate ;)

bloody hell mate you must of sensed i was just about update this so here goes

one side of my decals have been fitted, she wanted me go up and check i was happy with them before doing the other side.

anyone that knows me off here or over on facebook will know i suffer with a bad back quite alot and yet again its giving me alot of problems, but needless to say i will still be going to waxoyl my car tomorrow morning before the other sides decals are fitted.

only problem is mot might not happen for a while unless my mate can get the side skirts fitted either tomorrow or monday as he goes in for heart surgery on tuesday.

popped up to gt motorsport where my car is living until last few bits are done, will prob be next couple of weeks before it will be finished.

i started getting rid of any old bits and rubbish out my car then decided to make a start on cleaning the engine up only had a quick wipe over with a microfibre still got to polish the metal bits and clean up the hoses.
also gotta tidy the engine bay up a few things can be got rid of etc.