More snow on the way

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
There is more snow on the way chaps and chapettes. Wales and midlands are predicted to be hit quite hard.

Keep them shovels in your cars. Report on the weather where you are so we can all decide whether to stay at home or to venture out.

yaaa get it down here i am well this time for it last snow we had i had the old pig flu mixed in with aids and man flu thought i was going to die

this is gettgin extermely annoying. Came back for Christmas last year and looking forward to snow, not a drop, same in February. year before the same. AND NOW LOOK AT IT!!
My mum sent some photos yesterday, the road next to her still has a half inch of compacted snow and ice which the council have made no attempt to clear as its not a main road - and from the weather forecast seems little chance of it moving in the next week.

yup that sounds like round here mate. there still is ice on the roads although it was raining for most of last night.
im looking for a lot tonight and tomorrow night so i can have a proper drink without having to go into work on friday

Thought the christmas eve weather forcast was brilliant, they had that stupid grin on thier faces as they told us all "yay! its warming up folks"

Um, guys, rain on sub-zero surfaces is not good, fresh snow can be driven on, on ice, unless you own a massive 4X4 zombie defence mobile, you may encounter some amusing conditions.

Since the ice, not a flake of snow in somerset, just the six months of uninterrupted rain continuing as normal.great.:rolleyes:

Snow feel last night

not much but had fun trying to get traction in 5th due to all the ice underneath.
but it was above freezing for a change this morning. 1st time ive seen the car show positive temps in other a few weeks

))))))))))) Hi guys!!!! Come and spend your Christmas and New Year celebrations here in Kiev!!!! In one night we had 50cm of snow and weather still willing to give us more and more!!!! But the tempreture is normal -18 celcius!!!!!:toung:

There is more snow on the way chaps and chapettes. Wales and midlands are predicted to be hit quite hard.

Keep them shovels in your cars. Report on the weather where you are so we can all decide whether to stay at home or to venture out.

I keep tellin' ya guys... buy a Jag, put studded tires on it and the weight of it and low center of gravity will keep your foot pedal to the medal with no worries~!~!

studded tyres wouldnt be really any good over here. theres not normally enough snow or ice on the road for them to work well. all they will do is chew up whats left of the tarmarc

I hear Scotland are running out of grit for the roads due to the prolonged cold snap.

Hang on a minute it's Winter and we are only just into it!

yeah there is also the problem that so few councils down south werent prepared and because they got it 1st alot of grit from scotland had to be shipped down south.

D&G council have to be the worst however as AMEY (those who do the motorway network around here) sold their storage yard so have nowhere to keep the grit for the motorway so the council have taken on some of the motorway and as its the most principle route it needs done 1st meaning that even some bus routes in the towns still havnt been gritted.
but then again they go on saying how they are doing their best, i took the wife to work on thursday when i came back there was a pickup full of grit sitting outside my flat. workman sitting inside drinking coffee (in a disabled spot ) and no effort to spread it around the still ice covered pavement. must be nice to sit in a comfy warm office and say yes we are doing our best but we were caught out.

nice how they have also warned shop owners not to buy rocksalt
1sm165cop.gif
and try and grit the pavements themselves as then they are liable is someone slips just because they, the council, cant keep on top of it.

Perth&Kinross have a bizarre way of operating. at the southern end of the county they have gritted the roads but in the north end, around Perth area they have been very lacklustre. They keep saying they are doing priority routes like the A9 but the dozzy tossers who said this have somehow forgotten that this is controlled by BEAR (who are even more useless than the council at gritting - how can it take 3 days to clear the second lane of the ONLY main road north).

they did have 18" of snow fall overnight so its not surprising that they are struggling then but that was last week they should have caught up by now

more snow fell last night here only around 1.5" meet 3 gritters this morning with the speading lights flashing but there was no grit in them

granted the -6 it is at the min might not be helping

I've heard that there is a new severe weather warning.

:eek: Gas supplies are also critically low so with gas powered power stations supply under thread we might have some serious energy problems soon!

I'm swiching on all my lights so the house is nice and light just in case the power goes off!

we did have a power dip on sunday night but it was only a second or 2. and there was me thinking that the gas was good as it means i can still keep warm and cook without the power.
so far its not restarted but is still getting colder feeling

well i am ready now got a discovery the other day to replace my sj as i wanted something a bit smoother and just fitted mud tyres on it now so ready for the snow

pg: think yuo'll need to go and stock up on some wood and coal, if the power goes build a camp fire in the kitchen (unless you still have coal fires?)

parents are only a mile away and they are old fashioned big stove that burns everything.

did get about 6" of snow last night but things are still moving easily.

Is anyone snowed in completely? A lot of people I know can't get into work so are staying at home.

There are some stunning snowmen as well. Perhaps we should post up some pics of the best ones?

well i only went to work this morning to do one mot and that was it and i only did that cos i have a landrover that is done up for off roading so snow is no problems

but i was the only one in as i had to take everyone home last night as they could not move there motors
everyone along my road is still at home as there is no way you can get out of my road with out a 4x4 as its hills both ends

nope we are moving about ok not bad seeing D&G council officailly ran out of grit yesterday afternoon.
if you were watching GMTV around half 6 this morning you would have seen the salt mine in chesshire there was 3 Jenkins wagons leaving they were for us