Loz's 1.8VVC Talon 100R

Re: Lozs Talon 100R Progress thread.

hey just spotted this website they are called reyland motorsport they build cosworths all the time and amasing ones at the 200mph+ road legal anyway was browsing there website when i cam across a rover part of the website random but aparently they like there 100's they do full suspension kits loads of stuff so check it out

http://reyland.co.uk/Parts.asp?ID=9

hey just spotted this website they are called reyland motorsport they build cosworths all the time and amasing ones at the 200mph+ road legal anyway was browsing there website when i cam across a rover part of the website random but aparently they like there 100's they do full suspension kits loads of stuff so check it out

http://reyland.co.uk/Parts.asp?ID=9

You've not seen that vid then on google of that Reyland metro making 3 cossie's look silly?

I was on ebay yesterday bidding on a Cobra bucket seat that finished today in the hope that people would forget to bid and watch the result.................................and I was 100% right! Best £50 I have spent lately! I was the only bidder!

Nice harness pads, good taste ;)

The end result..............:blink:

Last night I was well on the way and this morning I have a slight hangover:confused:

I was on ebay yesterday bidding on a Cobra bucket seat that finished today in the hope that people would forget to bid and watch the result.................................and I was 100% right! Best £50 I have spent lately! I was the only bidder!

Nice harness pads, good taste ;)

Ta :amuse:

That's a great buy for a Cobra, which model did you go for?

i am banned from when i was a kid and didnt ship and item :( regret it now paid his money back though after debate :D

I'm sure they'll you set up another account now, they wouldn't ban you for life would they?

Re:
Reyland, yep their 100 is ace, I particularly like the 300mm 4 pot AP calipers on it! :bigsmile:

hey, cool, i also hope you're gonna like the drawing i did for your talon 100r, hope you're gonna like it. i'm hoping to publish it here tomorrow.

Found it!

Today I've been offered a set of QED throttle bodies at a price I can't ignore!
Hmmm... shall I? :bigsmile:

Found it!

Today I've been offered a set of QED throttle bodies at a price I can't ignore!
Hmmm... shall I? :bigsmile:

That depends on the price, mine are over £1600! So you might have a bargin if the price cannot be ignored!

TB's + horns (short)+ fuel rail+ linkages+ specially made air box (for MGZR but looks like it will fit in my bay) all for £250 it's been gathering dust for a year & he wants rid of it. The only down side is that it has injectors for a 2L engine.

Mechanically it looks sound too, I nearly took his arm off but I won't have all the money till next payday. Which is good it gives me time to ponder :amuse:

TB's + horns (short)+ fuel rail+ linkages+ specially made air box (for MGZR but looks like it will fit in my bay) all for £250 it's been gathering dust for a year & he wants rid of it. The only down side is that it has injectors for a 2L engine.

Mechanically it looks sound too, I nearly took his arm off but I won't have all the money till next payday. Which is good it gives me time to ponder :amuse:

Have you heard the noise these things make? Mate get them they sound awesome and will give you good Bhp gains. I'd get them mate if I was you.....:D

For christs sake buy them! That is an absolute steal, you wouldn't get a single Weber carb for that these days! Ponder no more!

nice loz, nice done! you got that cool. i like what's done to your car, and somehow it'll help me on my way for my future projects.

nice loz, nice done! you got that cool. i like what's done to your car, and somehow it'll help me on my way for my future projects.

Glad you like it :D I got quite a few things planned now Christmas is out of the way!
The car's booked into Talon for the 30th fo January to have it's arches fettled so the R888 tyres fit properly. I need to get off my bum & fit the the 3 point harnesseseseseseseses too, as I'm fed up of tripping over the boxes! I also need to source a large potty, sorry crash helmet to fit my big bonce! I don't know what's in there but it's not brains, probably sawdust! :amuse: Any recommendations for helmets would be appreciated. I'm thinking about getting an open faced one, or am I better off with a full face?
I could also do with a flat bottomed steering wheel because my gangley knees are touching the current one!

Needs a wash too. :lol:

turbonutter69 said:
Welcome.... Wanna race lol... Round donnington.....
YES! :D

Glad you like it :D I got quite a few things planned now Christmas is out of the way!
The car's booked into Talon for the 30th fo January to have it's arches fettled so the R888 tyres fit properly. I need to get off my bum & fit the the 3 point harnesseseseseseseses too, as I'm fed up of tripping over the boxes! I also need to source a large potty, sorry crash helmet to fit my big bonce! I don't know what's in there but it's not brains, probably sawdust! :amuse: Any recommendations for helmets would be appreciated. I'm thinking about getting an open faced one, or am I better off with a full face?
I could also do with a flat bottomed steering wheel because my gangley knees are touching the current one!

Needs a wash too. :lol:

YES! :D

It's on then when the weather picks up again. Hope I still have the Primera then lol.;) :D An I don't really know but if I can I think i'll be getting an open face helmet just so I have more vision...

Well I got off me fat bum & fitted these the weekend...
small.jpg

small3.jpg
The rear strap is connected to an inertia reel to allow leaning forward when at junctions for example, but can be locked off for a more energectic driveing
Their not the sexiest hernesses to look at but I think their the best compromise. :amuse:
Whaddayathink?

Apologies for the awful white balance!​

Last edited:

really nice job done. so have you been using it on the race track last time? or waiting for the special moment? by the way are you allowed to drive it in the public roads?

really nice job done. so have you been using it on the race track last time? or waiting for the special moment? by the way are you allowed to drive it in the public roads?

Thanks guys :bigsmile:, The car is fully road legal & MOT'd the belts are approved for road use so there's no worries there. Not done any track time yet as there's a little more work needed yet, The car is going to Talon Sportscars tomorrow (30/01/09) to have the arches modified so the track day tyres fit (the R888 tyres are a little larger in diameter). It's all coming together. :bigsmile:

Talon Sportscars are the guys who built my car, their main business is building kit cars to order mainly Hawk & GTM cars such as the AC ace replica & the GTM sports Libre. The Rover is a little side line of theirs that came from a track day car they built that was so, good people said they should sell them. :D

Talon Sportscars are the guys who built my car, their main business is building kit cars to order mainly Hawk & GTM cars such as the AC ace replica & the GTM sports Libre. The Rover is a little side line of theirs that came from a track day car they built that was so, good people said they should sell them. :D

can they build a plymouth cuda? and how much would it cost, just the body?

I couldn't say mate, if you've got the money they'll build it. But they mainly build kit's from other manufacurers. Did you see the link in the previous post?

http://www.talonsportscars.com/

Have a look I think you'll like it :D Look out for the Stratos replica very cool!

I couldn't say mate, if you've got the money they'll build it. But they mainly build kit's from other manufacurers. Did you see the link in the previous post?

http://www.talonsportscars.com/

Have a look I think you'll like it :D Look out for the Stratos replica very cool!

the stratos is awesome, these guys know how to do it.
stratos are usually expensive cars (i know 5 of them being sold in europe from 180000 -250000euros) and the alfa romeo engine was a good shot for the stratos (lancia and alfa are close to each other).

The stratos was built for about £50,000 for a customer in Italy, I was lucky enough to see it completed & It was great! I only wish I took some photo's before It went away. :(Sigh... one day I'll get one. :amuse:

The stratos was built for about £50,000 for a customer in Italy, I was lucky enough to see it completed & It was great! I only wish I took some photo's before It went away. :(Sigh... one day I'll get one. :amuse:

sad... however replicas sound cool to have... especially when u don't have the money, and also when fitting a similar engine , like the alfa engine on the stratos is cool though.

It's all coming together slowly...

R0010844tiny.jpg

Sticky Toyo R888's :bigsmile:

Just need to get a lid & save up some catastrophe money & I'm ready! :amuse:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back