Japan vs USA vs Europe

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the best standard (production) car from each country and if they had a race which country would win?

To start off the discussion here are my top tips but I'm sure there are faster examples out there. Feel free to make your own suggestions as to the top car for each region.

Japan - Skyline GTR
USA - Dodge Viper
Europe - Lamborghini Reventon

I'd like to think Europe would win but the Viper is a beast and the GTR would have it in the corners.

(You can choose just 1 or 2 countries if you have a good nomination;))

Last edited:
europe - pagani zonda would destroy the viper and gtr, don't know about the veyron though. i think it would ive it a good run :p

Depends on the type of race / track - handling vs drag (etc).

If we're talking 1/4 mile - im pretty confident the Veyron would win. I mean - W16 Quad Turbo - *drools*

i think USA have won,

ssc-ultimate-aero-red.jpg

257 mph, 0-60 in 2.7 secs. Twin-Turbo V8 Engine with 1183 hp

faster than the bugatti and cheaper aswell, the SSC Ultimate Aeromade by shelby super cars is only around $655,000 but the bugatti veyron is nearly $2million

:love:

Europe - Ariel atom everytime

go on laugh at me putting down a kit car but watch top gear against german topgear, it kills the lambo the porshe gt9 9ff (named "the veyron killer" an evo and a corvette) also in the corners its sick due to litterally no wierght

aslong as there were no straights it would kill everyone haha

Japan are only good if you can mod them, but as this is stock it has to be the Nissan GT-R, 0-62 in 3.5 from a V6 aint bad lol

and America, has to be that SSC Ultimate Aeromade williamW put down, but the ariel atom is faster to 60 in 2.5 secs

Radical's SR8 holds the #1 Nurburgring time (6.55m), but I'm not sure if that qualifies as a production car (Europe, GB).

Next up is the Maserati MC12 (the Viper is modified, so I'm not counting that) at 7.24.3m (Europe, Italy).

Chevrolet's C6 ZR1 Corvette is the first US car with a time of 7.26.4m.

The first Far Eastern car is the Nissan GT-R, 2010 model getting a time of 7.26.70m or the 2009 model achieving 7.29.03m.

Some of the cars listed aren't on the wiki, which means either they haven't been tested or no-one's added them.

dont think the MC12 is road legal, there was 2 versions however.
9ff is something crazy shame porche never made them but left it to tuners to make

The radical can be bought and driven on the road so I guess it counts.

Only in the UK, and only under the SVA rules, which limits production to only 5 cars a year or somesuch (from radical, buying the kit youself is ok).

Production Cars to me means that at least 35 have been produced of the model.

pgarner, Maserati MC12 should have had 50 produced for road use (assuming Wiki is accurate...).